Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 12:50AM

Like I told my bishop, Boyd's talk was just too offensive to continue being associated with that institution. He gave me some rhetoric about free will, or some crap, and I told him nothing was going to change my mind, just needed some information from my records for my email and that was that. I feel pretty good. I can't wait to see the look on my parent's face when they find out. I'm sure it will be priceless. 6th generation mormon here, now quit the church!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 01:58AM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 02:02AM

Congrats and speaking up about your reasons will surely be the cause of much discussion as long as many do so.

Posted by: Ms. ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 02:02AM

I agree with MJ--it's great you told your bishop why straight out. Good luck with the parents . . .

Posted by: chipsnsalsa ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 10:36AM

Whoo hoo! Congrats!

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 11:54AM

You are a pioneer. When times are tough, think of the future generations who will be free from the insideous cult because of your bravery.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 12:05PM

Feeling kind of warm and fuzzy.

HH =)

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 01:18PM

I'll be eager to hear if you get the same letter I did. You'll enjoy the bizarre pamphlet that comes with it.

:-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 06:21PM

They send it out to pretty much everybody along with the letter stating that it is a local matter.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 06:24PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 06:26PM

He might well avoid both the letter and the pamphlet then. I think only SLC sends those out.

Date: October 17, 2010 01:23PM

I resigned via email. My records aren't with my ward even though I grew up here. (I moved, had my records transferred, went inactive, then moved back to the same general area.) It will be interesting if they send me anything in the mail at all. They are pretty good at tracking people down though..

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 01:46PM

Date: October 17, 2010 08:05PM

I went to the bishop first, but emailed my letter to SL. I tried to include all relevant information to identify myself, member number, confirmation date, ect. I'm actually kind of stressed that it won't get processed. If I don't get a response this week then I'll drop my bishop a note to ask him to go ahead and process my resignation.

He really looked shocked when I told him I was resigning. His jovial front suddenly fell away. He seems like a nice guy though, and I've known his family over 17 years now. He seemed really sincere in just wanting to do the best job he knows how in his position.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.