Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 12:29AM

I was very happy to be able to see Jeff Sharlet on the internet, and SAD I could not have a book signed by him.

Despite my meds, I have been battling nausea, and partial seizures for days now thanks to catamenial epilepsy.

Anyhow, later today, when my nausea finally subsided, I finished getting ready, and was all dressed up with no where to go, so I ran errands.

I passed a bride, and a family walking beside me on the sidewalk were going to another wedding. I was happy for my almost immodest blouse - suckers - paying 10% of your income for a lifetime of ugly clothes. I liked my clothing better. I felt sad for them. Really.

I saw a huge dumpster near temple square with plants on top. I thought they had a greenhouse, but apparently they purchase their plants new every year. What a waste! Many of those plants were perennials - an extra waste. These plants are beautiful this time of year, and someone could have enjoyed them still. Plants are easy to transplant in the cold, or at least someone - elderly, children, the sick, etc., could have enjoyed the cut flowers. TSCC destroys everything in its path. TSCC gets it all wrong. They enrich the wrong people. ALWAYS. And with the wrong things. They could help people who are suffering, and need food, clothing, and shelter, but they help themselves, and help their friends to the funds of the duped sheeple. They are thoughtless.

I also passed homeless people. I think everyone from the shelter near the Gateway should pose for a group photo in front of the new condos. What is really important to TSCC?

I can’t remember who it was, but recently I read about either a legislator or GA who ran a nursery. Maybe I have another place to search for nepotism, since we know landscaping is close to real estate, and nurseries are close to landscaping. It would not surprise me at all, because members in the real estate, and construction industries fill the legislature, and are incestuous.

I can't imagine how much money they waste each year on the gardens, only to throw out most of the plants. A real gardener would take care of, and nurture them. They would live for years, and the perennials could be divided into more plants - gardeners are always sharing shoots & bulbs, etc. with neighboring gardeners. TSCC are not interested in their care, and nurturing, like a real gardener would, but the plants are used for keeping up appearances, and enriching local businesses. Typical, just like the sheeple - used, and exploited, and wasted to feed their image.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ms. ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 02:11AM

Sounds depressing. My memory of it is sterile and boring, but I was rather young.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 02:28AM

venting about how SL is full of gays and non-mormons taking over their city. I just didn't understand at the time how anyone could live so close to the center of the world and NOT accept the church in all its glory!

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 03:07AM

I was probably in the 5th grade and with whatever Primary class I was in at the time ... Merrie Miss is what comes to mind.

One of the girls from a very TBM family brought along this guy who for some reason was living with them--not a relative, but more like a stray someone they had taken in. He was either 21 or 27.

It was just me, the other girls, the teacher, and this guy. He looked like a "hippie": shoulder-length blondish hair, navy blue knit cap and pea coat. My parents thought hippies were bad, so he seemed dangerous and attractive at the same time.

He sat next to me and surreptitiously held my hand in the car, both ways--maybe off and on while walking around the temple, too, but definitely in the car. If the teacher noticed, she did nothing.

Of course I had no idea what he was doing other than he seemed to like me, which I thought was cool. My mom had drilled into me about strangers trying to pick me up, but not about some weird older guy who was staying with my friend holding my hand. I was flattered by the attention, but it also felt very wrong.

After that, dude disappeared. I've always wondered if he molested the girl who brought him along on the field trip.

Posted by: npangel ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 10:44AM

How can Salt Lake allow the number of homeless 18 years olds living on the streets who are kicked out of their homes because there are too many mouths to feed? The 1st Presidency lives in million dollar condos and has never had to sacrifice for anything in their lives. I guess when you live in an "ivory tower' you never have to get up " and wash your own windows to get the dirt off" (from recent Relief Society talk) so you can see the "real" world. The LDS church SHOULD BE SPENDING TITHES TO HELP FEED THE POOR/NEEDY. How about opening a shelter for LDS youth whose parents are pieces of scum for having too many kids in the 1st place...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.