Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DeeDee ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 10:00PM

I worked for a Mormon owned company in San Francisco and then transferred and worked for them again in Draper Utah. The CEO kept trying to engage me in biblical knowledge challenges and religious discussions about scriptures. I think he wanted to dispute my religious knowledge so he could "prove" that his Mormon beliefs were the end-all in some religious epiphany or his beliefs were righter than mine or some such craziness or something like that!

After many challenges I finally said, "hey, you know what...I'm Jewish...I don't even want to be an expert in the scriptures or how true something is and I really don't want to spend a whole bunch of time studying scripture because it is a) boring b) really questionable and c) really boring. So don't even attempt to involve me in your PROVE IT RIGHT scenario cause I am not really interested."

Kinda took the wind out of his sails.....

have any of you just said, fergiit it already? I was happy I wasn't forced to start studying all the innuendos of religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 11:03PM

I would give anything if I could just say forget it. I am such a black and white person,and I dislike stupid,ignorant people that think they are better than you. Even with all the evidence etc. they still think they are right. Because they are mormon!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 11:18AM

The only way to get away with that kind of discussion was a private discussion in the break room.
Racist, sexist, gender jokes was another big: NO NO. The policy was written out and signed by employees when hired. This was a large bank and they meant business.

The one and only time anyone said anything to me about my religion was a Christian fundamentalist that wanted me to review "The God Makers" - a book I had not heard of at the time. On break, I read the first several pages, making comments that the author was twisting the teachings to mean something they did not. She remarked how the author was a member for___ number of years, and I said: well, he must not have paid attention because he's distorting everything to sell a book.
Nobody said a word to me after that! :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.