Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 06:59AM

Here is an open letter from Chris Ralph to the Europe Area Presidency, a Plea for Honesty http://truthwillprevail.net/

It mentions the British Prime Minister being presented a gift by the Europe Area Presidency and 2 Mormon Members of the British Parliament. The PM is aware of the allegations of tax evasion in the UK by the Church and also allegations of fraud by them.

Chris also mentions the excommunications of John Dehlin and Kate Kelly as acts that would not be taken by Jesus.

How do we protect the rising generation? Chris asks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:11AM

Excellent posting Tom. Thank you.

Chris raises some very valid points regarding the response to John Dehlin. I see the whole sorry outcome as beheading the messenger rather than listening carefully to the message. I frankly don't feel that TSCC is capable of correctly responding to challenges in the age of the internet. The unholy fifteen are too old and far removed from today's world to be able to do anything other than attempt to maintain the status quo at all costs.

In college I learned about cybernetics. What I remember most is that all organizations are either living ones or are slowly dying. The way to identify the living ones is the existence of a responsive feedback system that is capable of making timely corrections much like an assembly line monitoring system.

Clearly John Dehlin, more than most, served as an excellent feedback system had the brethren only understood. Of course, they didn't and TSCC will continue to die a very long and painful death.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 11:52AM

the GAs make it worse by proclaiming honesty is a Christ-Like requirement for the good of all concerned, for attaining the CK... after which they don't live it themselves.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:42AM

Unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen within mine or your lifetime.... Unless Jesus comes and corrects stuff himself.

Date: February 27, 2015 08:44AM

So true, so true.....

Posted by: Interested observer ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:49AM

"Unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen within mine or your lifetime...."

I guess that depends on how old you are right now but you might be in for a surprise. Time will tell

Posted by: optional2(notloggedin) ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:05AM

Totally excellent article. The TSCC excommunicates the Good Samaritan. Recognizing the Pharisaical qualities in TSCC leaders finally woke us up to leave TSCC!
The twisting of truth (indoctrination) that is fed to the youth, all membership and public at large) is a such tragedy!

So appreciate all who publish and share the "real truth" about TSCC online etc. Keep up the good work!

Posted by: optional2(notlogin) ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 10:47AM

Also read Chris's blog: articles about British Mormon history.
Wish we had known the real truth of Mormon history so many years ago. Hope others will benefit from this information.

One source Chris mentions is book by

Author: Stenhouse, T. B. H., Mrs., b. 1829.
Title: "Tell it all": the story of a life's experience in Mormonism : an autobiography : [Publisher's dummy] / by Mrs. T.B.H. Stenhouse.

Publication Info: Ann Arbor, ;Michigan: University of Michigan Library
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=moa;idno=ANT6396

Digital library, University Michigan

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/lib/colllist/

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:30PM

The Tanner's Utah Lighthouse Ministry has an excellent reprint of Mrs. Stenhouse's book available for a really reasonable price.

Ann Eliza Webb Young's "Wife No. 19" is also available.

Authentic history varies considerably from the faith-promoting vanilla stuff we were served in Utah history classes.

If I can indulge myself with a little horn-honking, here's something I posted here several years ago:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,5317,5317

Posted by: Lightworker ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:28AM

Absolutely Marvelous. Should be sent as a "proclamation" to this generation of vipers. I would have loved to print this out and send it to each one of the men in suits but I don't think I have the right to do that without permission from the author.

Date: February 27, 2015 01:21PM

Chris says you can print and distribute if you wish.

His exact words to me were "Anything considered quotable may be quoted as far as I am concerned. The quest to promote truth belongs to all of us, so if it will help in some way use it, not to batter anyone into submission, but to open eyes as gently as possible."

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:44AM

How does one repent when the offense was telling the truth?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 11:09AM

I could hardly breathe while reading that letter. Thank you so much for posting annointedone.

I do have to wonder if it will even be read.

I actually wrote a letter to my Area Seventy brother. Not as eloquent as that, but at the same time certainly to the point with questions that beg to be answered and issues that demand addressing. He never acknowledged it at all in any way with any response, and I have wondered if he even read it. My suspicion is that many of these letters are not even read and I consider that to be an act of cowardice of the worst sort.

I will forever be grateful for the new term "swallowing cureloms," which I had not heard, as well as reading about "truth broke" versus "church broke."

Once you are truth broke, there is no way to ever be Mormon again as far as I'm concerned. That letter deserves an audience worthy of it.

I really appreciate all you do anointedone.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:04PM

blueorchid Wrote:

> I really appreciate all you do anointedone.

+1

Godspeed Tom.

Date: February 27, 2015 01:20PM

Thanks blueorchid and Shummy.

Tom

Posted by: m ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:45PM

who is Chris Ralph?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:29PM

Whose very darkness demands that young minds and impressionable Saints should be shielded from.

(translation: Ten bucks says Peggy Fletcher Stack doesn't carry the story)

If you click on the links on the site, they'll give you some information.

Ah, I see they say "We are pro-truth, not anti-Mormon."

Well, I posted that one here years ago (on a "bumper sticker suggestion" thread), and last summer I kidded Will Bagley for using the same ditty on one of his KUER interviews.

He chalked it up to "Great minds think alike," and I'll let these guys have the same leeway.

I do have patent rights on "Denial C. Peterson" and the other "The apostates message to the faithful is 'As you are, we once were.'" If anyone uses those, it's okay, but they'll hammer you for not being original.

Posted by: Chris Ralph ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 01:31PM

I can help with this one.

Google "an odyssey without answers in a changing church", and follow the first link.

It will provide some background.

Date: February 28, 2015 01:33PM

Thanks Chris for the link and your forthrightness.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:40PM

Tom, I continue to be one of your biggest fans! After how the CULT acted with regard to your lawsuit, I think it would be easier to fly to Jupiter without a rocket than to get honesty out of the cult.
Honesty spells the end of the CULT, pure and simple so they won't go there ever.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:53PM

Honesty is a luxury the Mormon Church can't afford.

Honesty at this point in the game is an admission of all the lying, and cover up, where the money really goes, and the total lack of inspiration that anyone claiming to speak for Mormon Heavenly Father requires.

Honesty would deprive the Prophet and his entourage of the one thing they value most--being worshipped. Having people stand as they enter and hang on their every word is a drug they are so addicted to that they will do anything to get the next fix.

I have been thinking over and over this morning how mutually exclusive being "truth broke" and being "church broke" are, as was written in this letter.

If the gerontocracy know the truth--and how could they not?--then they are prostituting themselves in an attempt to never be seen as what they really are--men without honor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 02:09PM by blueorchid.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 02:07PM

That is the antagonism of taking the position of Pro-Truth.

Unknowing Mormons will think they can take that position. Engage with those of us that are Pro-Truth and then find us to be anti-Mormon.

Those that are aware of the Mormonism that is guilty of deception will not engage anyone that is Pro-Truth on that platform because they are unable to gain any standing apart from removing themselves from the camp that chooses to continue the fraud.

How does the position of being Pro-Truth advance the enlightenment? I think it puts it out there. What are the values that exist in Mormonism. What are the values of Mormons? Are they in sync?

This begins the conversation, independent of your faith and history and loyalties. What are your values?

The LDS church is not, nor has ever been, Pro-Truth. Truth is death to Mormonism, or at least the version that is presented today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 02:07PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:50PM

Such a heartfelt, sincere letter. Thanks for sharing.

This letter highlights once again how hard it is to be caught in a quagmire, EVEN A LITTLE, where you once found purpose and community but now, see so much deceit and cover-up. It hurts deeply for yourself and for others you care about.

You want change to occur so badly it hurts. I was especially moved by his plea for the inhumanity he saw for the church's youth missionary program which arms the youth with falsehoods to spread unknowingly around the world, while, all the time the church knows that they are arming these teens with lies.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 11:25PM

Thank you, Mr. Phillips, for sharing this information/letters. I wish my Mormon family (half of our ancestors were converted in England and immigrated to Utah) would read these important letters. My life was eclipsed and damaged as a result of this insidious corporation posing as a Christian religion (as have millions of other lives).

"...obscure, semi-approved weasel-worded essays..." The lame attempt to pretend they have been honest about origins and doctrine, and a surreptitious attempt to inoculate upcoming generations.

It is ridiculously transparent that the church is bribing, interfering in, convoluting, and tainting upcoming Brittish legal action. They are clearly desperate and running out of tactics to cover up the revolting past and present inconvenient truths of history and doctrine. How long can they pout about "religious freedom" while simultaneously violating laws and human rights?

I can't fathom the pain of parents who literally sacrificed children (died while on missions) only to find out the church is simply the fabrication of a lecherous grifter. They gave everything, for a lie. How many more suicides of ostracized LGBT individuals? How many more depressed, medicated, disenfranchised women must it consume? How many more people dizzy and exhausted from the "doubt your doubts" hamster wheel?

Thank you for your efforts in shining a light on the destructive, dishonest, manipulative, greedy leaders of this corporation. They all scramble to hide behind legal teams, and each other, knowing they can no longer hide behind fabricated history and constantly evolving, sanitized doctrine.

A sincere thank you!
Best regards,
Ex-Sis

Posted by: snowednomore ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 01:57AM

Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: Interested observer ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 05:56AM

Ex-Sis

That was an excellent summing up of the situation especially regarding the lives of young people sacrificed on the altar of corporate greed and deception.

I can assure you that thanks to the dedication of men like Tom and Chris work continues apace to bring down this predatory anti-Christian cult. It may take a little while yet but its demise is certain. The Corporation is in its death throes as far as Europe is concerned and it’s only a matter of time before the knock on effect crosses the pond to your country.

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 02:19PM

Thank you, Interested observer,

It is reassuring to know there are people who continue to speak truth to power, many at great personal cost. The price of integrity should not be demolition of your family, friends, and in some instances livelihood.

Fortunately, many people are beginning to wake up; thanks to those unrelenting individuals who bravely continue to counter corruption with facts, and actual history vs. "faithful history."

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 10:27AM

This is a keeper.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 05:24PM

Tom...

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention as i am a huge fan of Chris and his Dad Ted since they posted some letters back in 2012 to the Europe Area Presidency.

Would you happen to know if Ted is still with us?

https://stevebloor.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/a-further-open-letter-to-the-europe-area-presidency-ted-ralph/

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Chris Ralph ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 05:48PM

Thanks for asking about Ted. Yes, he's still around, and pushing 92 now. The Danites have not caught up with him yet!

He'll be really pleased someone is asking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.