Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alexisar ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 04:41AM

Hello! I'm Alexis. I may not be the only Alexis here, so I distinguish myself as"aslexisar." I'm not sure of the protocol of self-introduction at this site. It seems that some long-timers appear to feel that "newcomers" should be essentially neither seen nor heard for a respectable yet undefined time interval.

If it matters to anyone here, I've done my time in terms of lurking and reading at least semi-regularly,as in since I was fourteen years old and had limited Internet use. I'm now twenty,and my Internet use is restricted only by time I must spend in school, in studying,and in real life. In any event, I certainly have no parental controls encroaching upon my Internet activity.

I posted on a few occasions before as a guest. I was greeted in a most un-cordial manner by two registered members in particular. I've since observed that neither of the two posters to whom I refer make it a regular practice to engage in polite conversation with virtually anyone else here other than maybe each other and, for lack of a more eloquent description of how I see their postings, to occasionally kiss the @$$es of the administrators.

For this reason I've decided that I will go semi-public, register and will take my chances with being ignored or receiving unkind responses. I'm a big girl now and can deal maturely with the emotions involved in Internet message board interactions and can take things with a grain or two or three or a whole handful of salt rather than allowing my feelings to be hurt.

I may be known to some of you as the niece of scmd and by my blogspot account. I will occasionally post, but as was the case before I registered, I'm here primarily to learn and to help myself to make sense of Mormonism as I have been impacted by it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ookami ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 04:56AM

Welcome to the board.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:02AM

Howdy and welcome! Glad you have joined the ranks of RFM. You mentioned being "greeted in an uncordial manner" by some posters. Don't worry, for every poster with a stick up their butt there's 10 who just enjoy good conversation. ;-)
There are a lot of really great people around here. If you have a question or a problem just post it and you'll get more answers/advice than you could ever need!

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 09:17AM

Slumbering Minstrel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't worry,
> for every poster with a stick up their butt
> there's 10 who just enjoy good conversation. ;-)

I have a stick up my butt AND I enjoy good, cordial conversation. ;o)

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:12AM

It can be pretty rough and tumble here at times but also funny and enlightening. Welcome.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:25AM

Welcome officially, Lexus.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 06:19AM

Hopefully, you can recover from your trauma over RfM which will make it easier to recover from Mormonism.

Best wishes. I hope you stay for a long satisfying association.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 06:21AM

I hope you enjoy yourself here.

You could say that this is just another slice of the bread of life, but then people might think you to be a bit odd...

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 07:45AM

Hi, nice to meet you - and congratulations on your excellent blog, which I have read several times.

I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute - don't worry if some members are cranky. It comes from being a 'recovery' board.

Looking forward to reading you again soon.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:13AM

Welcome! When i first found the board i skipped the lurking phase and started posting right away. I had so much to say! Don't be shy. If people are rude that just adds more color and is great practice. I've noticed I've become a lot calmer since coming to RfM. Nothing really gets me riled up anymore. :)

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:19AM

Can I get your autograph?

Welcome!

~Breedum

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 10:07AM

Hi Alexis! We're glad to have you here. I love your blog. I see that you are registered. If you feel that a post violates board guidelines (i.e. is a personal attack with name-calling,) hit the report button and Susan I/S will break out her mop. :)

New members are free to dive right in, although as with most boards, lurking for a bit to get a feel for the board doesn't hurt.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: March 04, 2015 11:51PM

Haven't been reading the board - so I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge your official entry.

You make me laugh!

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:09AM

It's wonderful to see brash free thinkers here. Don't worry too much about nay sayers. It happens. Even I have been dragged off to the proverbial wood shed by Admin for an attitude readjustment because I was having a VERY BAD WEEK with the Mormon relatives and was taking it out on a poster who said exactly what it took for me to explode. I'm not proud of it, but life does, fortunately, go on.

I'm glad you're here. Enjoy yourself. If a posters get too pushy, tell 'em to BACK OFF. They will. >Smiles<

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:26AM

Welcome alexisar. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 12:57AM

I've lurked here for two years and only recently started posting, though not as brave as you to do an intro. So you're ahead of me there. I've learned a lot and laughed a lot at this forum and think it's a great group overall. Glad you're here. You should be glad that you're still young and have your whole life ahead of you. LDS Inc. has consumed 3/4ths of mine, along with 10% of my gross and countless mind numbing hours, not to mention all the angst, guilt, and soul-sucking PTSD trauma. But I'm not bitter...:p

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 01:01AM

Welcome!

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 01:02AM

Welcome Alexisar!

Posted by: optional2(notloggedin) ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 06:55AM

Welcome, Love your blog and your humor!
Kindest regards ;o)

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 08:12AM

alexisar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I posted on a few occasions before as a guest. I
> was greeted in a most un-cordial manner by two
> registered members in particular. I've since
> observed that neither of the two posters to whom I
> refer make it a regular practice to engage in
> polite conversation with virtually anyone else
> here other than maybe each other and, for lack of
> a more eloquent description of how I see their
> postings, to occasionally kiss the @$$es of the
> administrators.

Heh.

The great thing about RfM, its simple stripped-down no nonsense fast loading text heavy aesthetic aside, is the freedom allowed to us. We get to be ourselves and say what we want to say. Alternatively, we can try on new or hidden versions of ourselves and see how that works. Or etc. Asses and kiss-asses are the price of this on-line free-for-all (relatively speaking), and I'm all for it.

Welcome. Have fun. And enjoy an adulthood with an extra 10% in your pocket, the very least of the benefits of leaving LDSinc behind.

Enjoy yourself. Cheers.

Human

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 08:27AM

A big welcome to you! Look forward to your posts! :)

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 09:04AM

Really enjoy your humor and intelligence that shines through on your blog. I think we're lucky to have your voice in the mix on RfM.

The blog entry about the sacrament bread brawl starring your uncle SCMD was excellent!

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 09:08AM

May I have the link to the blog? Sounds like some good reading!

Thanks, Dennis

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 05, 2015 09:17AM

Welcome to NOT Sunday School now that you're all growed up!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.