Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:54PM

I was talking with a Lesbian today and she is quite the Religious person. While she was talking, she mentioned that the only people who have stolen from her are Mormons. She said she will pass on doing any jobs if Mormons are involved.

I found this interesting because I also have experience with Mormons using the Church angle to steal from my family.

Mormons have worked hard to develop their reputation as liars and thieves.

Do you have any experience with dishonest Mormons?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:18PM

All experiences with Mormons are dishonest. The CULT is based on dishonesty.

I own a business. I have safeguards built in to prevent stealing. It is a service industry which make it easier to avoid stealing by clients. I make the clients pay their final amount ONE week before the event to be sure the check clears etc. so I have not had any experience with any CULT members stealing from me, but then there are not that many around me so it is not an issue very often, THANK HEAVEN OR HELL OR WHOEVER!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 06:54AM

She needs to claim religious exemption. Apparently all she needs to do is to claim that serving Mormons is counter to her deeply held religious beliefs. Then she can do anything she wants.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:47AM

He seems to think that religious exemptions will only work in their favor. Being allowed to discriminate means that others can discriminate against you. Mormons in the South should be especially careful about this. Baptists hate Mormons.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:54PM

How does this work?

If you are gay and you don't want to serve a Mormon or Christian who is anti-gay then you don't have to?????

But if you are NOT gay, but do not believe in gayness you have to serve them? As in bake a cake?????

Why is our society trying to go both ways at once?

You must serve me because it is not politically correct for you not to.
So if a baker can be sued and have to pay for not baking a cake for gays...

The gay service owner will have to serve Mormons won't they?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:13AM

She needs to claim religious exemption. Apparently all she needs to do is to claim that serving Mormons is counter to her deeply held religious beliefs. Then she can do anything she wants. Just ask Dallin Oaks.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:20AM

Posted by: Bob Blart ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:29AM

Mormons have stolen from my family. And just yesterday my lawyer informed me that I'm out several million dollars because of a former Mormon business partner.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Mormons are taught to lie at age eight. Couple that with this attitude they have that it is appropriate to take food out of someone's mouth. And that it is some how prestigious to be able to display to other Mormons what you have done to successfully destroy a non member is beyond me.

In Utah there is a lot of b.s. Around the religious divide. To me an .88 cent bullet would solve that problem.

Here is a nice piece of icing on my cake. The individual in my case has been accused of and there is evidence of him having sex with kids.

I have complained to the authority's about this and other points only to be stone walled.

I mention this because I believe here in Utah Mormons operate with complete immunity. And the cops know this. So the police don't get involved in anything that does not generate revenue. This leaves the door wide open for these wonderful exciting Mormons to do what they want.

I too will NEVER do business with Mormons again.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 06:20PM

Millions!? I'm an honest ex-mo Real Estate professional. Hire me!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 10:15AM

Under the rubric of "be careful what you wish for," one of my FB friends posted a picture of a smiling shop owner hanging a sign in her shop that states:

"Sorry, Mormons not served in this establishment in accordance with our closely held religious belief that Mormonism is a cult."

I'd post a link, but the only link I get is to the fellow's FB site.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 12:52PM

My religion's beliefs are that mormons are evil.
Therefore I will not serve mormons in my business.
According to mormon logic, this is perfectly legal and a valid expression of my rights of "religious liberty."

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:25PM

>> And that it is some how prestigious to be able to display to other Mormons what you have done to successfully destroy a non member is beyond me. <<

Thanks for that tidbit. I always thought it was more than just simply ‘not liking’ my family. Too bad they’ve only destroyed themselves in the process. But that’s how the Tao flows. Ha, ha. And I repeat … HA HA. Karma’s a bitch sometimes, isn’t it … LOL! Touché suckers !

Posted by: jellobeltnevermo ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:53PM

My DH worked with a TBM at a Fortune 500 company and this TBM was taking garbage bags home from work. DH called him out on it and told him "You didn't pay for those and that is stealing". TBM replied, "They won't ever miss them, they have 100's of them and they can afford them".

This is after this TBM told my husband how companies loved to hire Mormons because they are so honest and don't lie, cheat or smoke.

Posted by: coffeeblack ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 02:21PM

When I was young and entering the business world I was given advise that was gold....Keep a close eye on the Jewish business man and never trust a Mormon business man...

Pass the coffee

Posted by: zelphcontrol ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 02:57PM

When I was in college in a TBM town, I ran a sales team for a company that had about six sales teams, and most of the employees were college kids earning money part-time.

My team kicked the crap out of the other teams, and the biggest reason was we picked our sales team. I'd generously let the other teams recruit the well-spoken and clean-cut college freshmen. Those guys were mostly "making-money-for-my-mission" drones. They were terrible workers and were more than happy to just do the minimum amount of work - and I couldn't totally blame them. Everyone else in their life was telling them how awesome they were, how Jesus totally wanted to high-five them, and nothing mattered but their mission.

You could go nuts trying to motivate somebody like that to work hard at a mere job. They saw no moral hazard in giving no f**ks even as they collected pay checks.

But I will admit that the returned missionary types were much better. After trying to sell Joe Smith's Fever Dream, selling Field & Stream was a cinch.

Posted by: rj ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 03:01PM

I don't support anyones decision to discrimintae in this manner.

Here in the state of Washington we have a florist who is being sued for refusing to provide flowers for the wedding of 2 homosexual males. I wonder if this religious lesbian as I think you put it would support the pantiffs in that case.

IT's smart business to protect yourself from theft and fraud and there are numerous steps one might take that would be appropriate.

However, commenting that she will "pass on doing any jobs if Mormons are involved" appears untenable and probably illegal

Posted by: JamesL ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 05:24PM

I own my own business, and I frequently vend my products at local arts and craft fairs. The only time I have ever had any problems with dishonest customers, it was a Mormon family. The father was trying to pay for the items his wife wanted, and kept trying to tell me about the LDS church. This is while his credit and debit cards kept being rejected by the banks. During the fourth card-swipe, my employee suddenly yelled and rushed outside our booth. She came back, pulling one of their children along by the shirt. She had seem him grabbing a handful of small items off one of our tables and running away. The parents tried to laugh this off as "kids will be kids" until my employee pointed out that the child had apparently learned dishonesty from them, as they had no way to pay for the things they wanted.

The Mormon family left without saying another word, and without any of my products.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 06:10PM

Yep. I will not do business with Mormons. The only times I have been ripped of was by TBMs. One a Stake President.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 07:49PM

They love to prey on each other too and to use their religious affiliation as a weapon for personal gain. My dear "honest as the day is long" Dad was bankrupted by Mormon convert who's wife's uber TBM family (who had previously been friends of my parents) treated Dad like shit and their son in law as someone who'd done nothing wrong. Another reason I have no use for religion in general and Mormonism in particular.

Ron Burr

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 08:06PM

the business owner was refusing to do business with Mormons because of their history of "H8" et al.

After reading it, I thought, "OK, you can do business with them, since you keep a sharp eye out anyway and make sure all checks have cleared before service is provided, etc. GO AHEAD AND DEAL WITH MORMONS TOO! THEIR MONEY IS AS GREEN AS ANYBODY ELSE'S!"

But that's just me.

Posted by: anon for this story ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 09:42PM

My TBM uncle is an honest person, as well as very talented in his field. Any time he has done business with other Mormons, they have always defrauded him, ripped him off, and treated him horribly, even when he was working for the cult. I wish I could get into the specifics of all of these incidents.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 11:35PM

Bob Blart is ABSOLUTE CORRECT. This is the reason that I would rather be dead than be in Utah. YES I MEAN IT.

Posted by: Bob Blatt ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 09:15AM

On Monday before I contact the Utah atty. generals office I am going to attempt to sit down with this persons Stake Pres. I'm going to lay out the facts of my case. If I recieve the Mormon Brush off at that point I will go to the press and the a.g. This is about to become public.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.