Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 03:22PM

said my boss, who's a Christian minister, to one of the Project Managers I work with, who said he hit it off with a contractor because at dinner he prayed over his food and the contractor said that he was Christian too!
Right after that my Boss said to him, "Uh, we don't trust people who make religion their first order of business. They think that gives them freedom to do shoddy work."
true.
haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 03:23PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 3X (nli) ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 03:25PM

Not to mention creative diversion of funds ...

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 03:30PM

And nepotism ...

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 03:53PM

Now that's refreshing.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:10PM

These guys I'm working for are super Christian, and I can't quite get on board with all of their more cult like behavior, I think I'm immune to it, having been brainwashed by a Doomsday Sex Cult myself. I don't judge, but they embrace science, and something called Kaizen, a Japanese word meaning Oneness, which involves testing using the scientific method, ironically, since the President has a giant crucifix in his office, with full scale Jesus at the center and at least 150 images of his family and friends at the feet of the cross. But he's been in business for 40 years and it's an amazing business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 09:13PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: cupcakelicker (drunk) ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 01:21AM

Kaizen just means improvement. Somehow Americans turned it into a seminar cash cow though.

Posted by: ALGuy ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:15PM

Years ago I got some good advice: if someone starts talking about religion while talking business- hold on to your wallet.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:22PM

I am always suspect when I see a biz card with a fish symbol.

'Christian' is another red flag.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 09:27PM

The company president I worked for was a Christmas-Easter-weddings-funerals-christenings type of Lutheran. He said he got ripped off only three times in business, each by overtly religious clients, the kind with references to God in their mission statements and scripture quotes on their walls. "Now, if anyone starts praising Jesus, it's a sign to not do business with them."

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:04PM

Its called affinity fraud. The subject has come up here numerous times. People masquerade as believers to fleece the true believers. If they're not cynical self-seekeriig hypocrites, they're confused thinkers who somehow think that the common relationship in the belief system "allows" them to take advantage of their comrades.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 10:44PM

A couple years ago we were searching for temp housing while our house was being remodeled. The only responses we got from our Craigslist inquiries were laced with religious references from " out of town" owners, who expected us to wire them our deposit and rental money. When we asked very specific questions, they never responded back. The underlying message seemed to be " you dont have to ask questions. you can trust me. I'm religious." Which means you can't trust them.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 27, 2015 07:51AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.