Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 12:53PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 01:20PM

Unfortunately, the universe doesn't work that way.

We can watch them deteriorate right before our eyes, but all of us will be old someday.

I had a close relative who was a GA, and he did have a great life, full of the perks. He was one of the youngest Apostles, so he spend many years "serving." He traveled all over the world, First Class, except his wife didn't like to fly, and would rather have stayed home with her children and grandchildren. He was an interesting relative, and he loved us, I suppose, but he was always too busy to play with us, or talk that much. We went out on his boats without him, went to the cabins without him, though he provided all of it for us. GA's can't retire, for some reason, and his wife thought that his life was cut short, because of all the demands of TSCC.

So--I think the TSCC doles out the punishment for the GA's. I did not envy my GA relative or his wife's lives.

--Ill health due to overwork. His wife joked that he was one of the great "pillers" of the church. He took 10-12 a day.
--Traveling when sick.
--Giving speeches and writing books.
--Having "fans" bother you out in public. They would interrupt us at restaurants and hotels, telling the GA their stories, bearing their testimonies, asking for autographs, etc.
--Being very discouraged about all the imperfections. My GA relative actually disagreed with many of the more conservative-fundamentalist GA's.
--Shame of being the grandson of a polygamist.
--He could never convert his father.
--Two of his children left the cult, and never came back. This is not punishment, but the GA's over-the-top anguish was his own punishment.
--He was not a peaceful, contented man.
--He died too soon.

Punishment is being a slave to a cult your entire life, losing some of your children over it, torturing your spouse by forcing her to do things she hated. (She also hated to speak in public.) Not having time to enjoy the things you love to do. Always striving for perfection. Suffering ill health for years and years, when other men are out fishing, hiking with their families, and whatever else the rest of our relatives did. When he was home, he sat in his easy-chair under an afghan, getting over jet-lag, resting up for Conference or a stake conference or building dedication somewhere (GA's used to go to these)--while life passed him by.

TSCC is punishment enough.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 02:10PM

Thanks for that candid and interesting perspective ExMoBandB.

Perhaps these GA charlatans in the end get just what they deserve after all...a life full of endless, worthless, meaningless busy-work while the world and their families pass them by.

Maybe after all is said and done they have created their very own "Carthage Jail" for themselves through EVERY fault of their own. Their own private Hell so to speak.

I guess myself, like others, are just waiting for more of them to jump out the 2-story window of "Carthage Jail" in the meantime.

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: I once believed all this.... ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 02:13PM

Sorry, the answer is no.

They have already decided they are the righteous, important ones, the rest of the world is in "darkness".

If they are truly psychopathic personalities, they will not experience shame, only anger if they are called out for their lies.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 03:44PM

If they did, it would take a miracle like this to make it happen .......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFq2IEsBnPo

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.