Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 01:47PM

This is easy to handle. After I had gone inactive, (After the bishoprick had been such a prick to me) The bishoprick came over to my house and asked me to play piano for priesthood meeting, as a way to activate me. I said that I would do it, knowing it was a lie. Best of all, He knew it was a lie too. He was almost in tears as he left. That was a 25 year veteran of law enforcement, reduced to quivering like a whipped dog. One of the best Moments of my life. It felt good to LIE to the organization that has lied so much to me over the years. I never showed up for my assignment.

Yah, the ward may need a lot of things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 02:14PM

the idea of being upset over quitting callings. Sometimes people stay active for months and months because they can't get the bish to "release" them. You've proven that life goes on.

If they don't have anyone to play the piano some Sunday, they can enjoy silence and do their singing without a piano until they come up with another sucker.

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 11:35PM

Our little branch used the standard issue musical accompaniment hymn CDs (in the green case that held like 10 CDs) for young womens. No reason they couldn't do the same until they found a pianist!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 04:31PM

The OP seems to be half convinced that she should work for free for the cult.
In one fell swoop Mormonism will get a hold of her PLUS her daughter.

I guess you can't help some people.
But if she is that lonely it would be smarter for her to associate herself with Methodists or Unitarians, we always seem to hear good things about either denomination on this board.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 07:01PM

This is why its so important to attend the temple on a regular basis. One gets reminded in the temple of the oath to give everything they have to the church. That way, when they are asked to do a job, whether its playing piano or being a part-time 32-hour a week lay leader of an entire congregation, they have you by the hair of your loins and sinews. You made a solemn oath in the temple to be a volunteer for the church, completed with a threat of your own death if you tell anyone about it.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 12:32PM

The last time I was in a Mormon Church, a frisky female chased me around the chapel and caught me by the organ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.