Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 24, 2015 08:30PM

I voted for Outer Darkness. I figure that was the equivalent of a D) None of the Above.

http://www.mormonsandscience.com/religion--science-blog/of-proportions-blueberry-pies-and-keeping-first-estates

He should have made it Elderberry pie because that thin slice of leaders is including a Hinckleyberry in it and is full of Elders.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 08:31PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 24, 2015 10:44PM

Fuckleberry pie! Seriously, haven't these guys anything better to do than worry about spirits in the pre-existence? Even in my most TBM days, Id never talked about this "mystery." Perhaps said gentlemen could hie down to the local homeless shelter and do some real good. The Boner.

Date: February 25, 2015 11:51AM

byuboner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously, haven't these guys
> anything better to do than worry about spirits in
> the pre-existence?

I am curious. If one takes recorded humanity as it stands in number today and divides the number of humans who are actually a part of the human record (an estimate) by the number of men since Joseph Smith who were in any way shape or form a part of LDS Inc. Mormonism, what would be the percentage.

I think even calling that a "slice" is beyond imagining. God's very mostest elect and stalwart spirits are definitely "few" to be chosen. And this is God's home slice to lead and guide humanity for God.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 12:49PM

It would be less than 0.04% on the high end.

Including only active Mormons through history and high-end estimates of human populations, it would be more like 0.005%. 1/20,000th.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 01:02PM

As a parent, imagine what it would take for you to throw your kid in a pitch black pit, or into flames (whatever your idea of hell is) FOREVER...or to even threaten that. Hopefully you would imagine that there's zero chance in imaginary hell that you could ever do that. TBM's and nutty fundamentalist Christians that like to condemn others to hell might try to rationalize this away to protect their faith, but they're nuts! Is any of this is true, God is NOT the good guy in the story. Those that don't live up to expectations burn or suffer in darkness, and those that measure up get to sing praises to their supposedly loving father for eternity? No thanks!

Date: February 26, 2015 01:07PM

Chump Wrote:
> Those that don't live up to
> expectations burn or suffer in darkness, and those
> that measure up get to sing praises to their
> supposedly loving father for eternity? No thanks!

In that light I prefer darkness.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: February 24, 2015 10:47PM

So do you think that Harry Potter went to Spirit Prison or Paradise when he and Voldemort locked wands? To help me decide I'm putting it to a vote.

Seriously? Do these people realize how absolutely delusional they sound?

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 11:09AM

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 12:09PM

it seriously says that in the D&C.

D&C 76:
103 These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 12:37PM by axeldc.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 04:37PM

Given how mormons indeed love lies and often lie does this mean they'll end up in the terrestrial kingdom aswell?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 12:03PM

Yes, let's put it to a vote which made-up nonsense is correct!
Because, as we all know, that's how facts are determined -- by vote!

Sigh.

Date: February 25, 2015 12:06PM

I'm raising my hand in a vote of thanks.

Posted by: Not Interested in Registering ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 12:10PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:

> Because, as we all know, that's how facts are
> determined -- by vote!
>

You are out of your mind!

Facts are determined by feelings. Surely you know that by now.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 12:29PM

My response first off when I read this thread was,

"Hell, how big do you want it to be? Just dream it up and voila! it is there and yours."

Of course, you might get some guff from those Black Suits who think they know differently, but as has been so aptly said on this thread by other posters, your feelings are as equal and fitting as theirs are.

Have as much Fuckleberry (LOL) Pie as you desire, when you want and anytime you want. I've been told it has very few calories.

Posted by: sassenach ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 01:10PM

I like pie! ;)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 25, 2015 01:18PM

I'm not worried about Outer Darkness because I always looked great in black--especially in dim light.

White just does not go well with my white and delightsome skin--also known as pasty.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 04:52AM

There is a lot of talk on the net just now about 'the watchers', 'the nephilim' and 'those who kept not their first estate' - All from the book of genesis, and featured in the film 'Noah', as a lot of you are probably aware. The Apocryphal Book Of Enoch apparently gives more details about these fallen ones and watchers, and some christians claim this book is the same one quoted by Jesus in the New Testament.

What I took from the article was the many times the phrase 'those who kept not their first estate' was used.

To me, it already sounds like this blogger thinks the church addresses the nephilim/watcher issue. Is the church next going to 'explain' how the fallen ones from genesis had sexual relations with earthly women to produce offspring: giants, as is commonly believed to be the case in the planet of interwebz?

On topic, until measurements were standardised, division was done by parts and recipes were written in this way, ie making a cake took two parts this, two parts that, etc. Making a cocktail today is still one part this with 3 parts that, each part being of equal measurement. Therefore, in the language of the old testament, one third part is one equal third, imo.

Agreed that taking a vote on opinions is ridiculous, unless one is going to use the results for written work.

Date: February 26, 2015 01:08PM

so did God number the souls at some point to be able to divide them into thirds?

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: February 26, 2015 01:18PM

he is allegedly all-knowing so he wouldn't need to count them, he would 'know'.

Date: February 26, 2015 01:21PM

True and good that the all divided rationally.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.