Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RELAX AND ENJOY ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:10PM

I've been on the fence about leaving the church or staying in...I might get flamed for this I know, but I'm going back. I've experienced too much to turn my back on the church.

I feel at peace with my decision. I wish you all the best.

Dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:13PM

it's the "vested interest" argument.

Posted by: 2thdoc ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:13PM

Why would you get flamed? Sounds like you're making a decision that works best for you. Best wishes to you, as well.

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:54PM

Bingo... there is no need to feel like you're going to get punished. Actually I would have liked to be able to stay, but I found myself going stir-crazy when I had to sit through church where false/whitewashed information was constantly pushed onto unsuspecting members. It didn't feel right... so I just can't go back. That said, if going back works best for you, then have a great time!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:14PM

I'm totally at peace with mine too. I've never been happier since I left. So we're good. Enjoy indeed.

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:16PM

Sounds like you are making the right decision for yourself. Good luck and hope you find much happiness.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:18PM

If you're at peace, why are you yelling?

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:57PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:19PM

If experience trumps facts in your world, sounds like you'll be happier there.

Happy journey.

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:24PM

Good luck on your path. You won't be shunned for leaving RfM. The light is on in case you need a late night grilled cheese, or glass of milk...

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:27PM

Do what you think is right for you and your family. That's what this board is all about.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:27PM

It works for some people. Good luck to you.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:44PM

May you find the right journey for you. Wishing you the best.

Posted by: ette ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:50PM

We still love you. God still loves you.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:51PM

Not so fast. This is an ecclesiastical matter to be handled at the local level, not here. Your resignation from rfm has not been processed and we will retain your name in our membership records until you 111th birthday or the 2nd coming of Raptor Jesus, whichever happens first...

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 01:52PM

Yes!! :)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:05PM

OK. No problem with me. If this is what you need to do, do it.
Nobody can tell you what to do about your life situation.
You work it out the best way you know how.
Many of us try to leave and end up staying longer until the timing works for us.
Hang in there. It's your life.
I have lots of LDS relatives/loved ones, and friends. It's their identity/tribe/culture/religion.

Posted by: funn ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:06PM

Sounds like you're an adult making the decision which seems best to you. If you have kids, though, please don't indoctrinate them and manipulate them into participating in rituals which they don't understand.

Posted by: justarelative ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:14PM

funn,

Took the words right out of my mouth. Which is actually kind of unsanitary. But I'm OK with that.

Yes, please, please, give the kids, if any, a fighting chance at a real, meaningful choice.

JAR

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:18PM

If that's what works for you. But can you look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you have integrity?

Or are you Church Broke?

Posted by: IMout ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:19PM

I have to say in all sincerity, that the responses to this post

serve to reinforce to me what it means to have unconditional

support. It was quite the opposite from other church members,

when I was making the same decision. While I wish him well, I

hope he appreciates the significance of having to come on to

this board to get that unconditional support. One of my

biggest hang ups when I was still a member was that I never

knew what was true when it came to other people and their

emotions, But I always knew that I did not have support from

anyone there.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:57PM

IMout Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the responses to this post serve to reinforce to me what it
> means to have unconditional support. It was quite the
> opposite from other church members.

I remember the shock when I first entered the lairs of the ex-Mormons. It wasn't what I expected at all. I met warm and loving people who welcomed me in with open arms. Suddenly the often quoted lines by Mormons about the world calling good evil and evil good seemed all backwards.

My Mormon friends? They dumped me, for no reason other than that I didn't believe what they did anymore. Funny that. You're the same person who was a best friend a minute ago, but suddenly in one fell swoop, you're not even worthy to talk to.

It turns your world upside down, but in the end, it turns out to be a very good flip flop in your life. Ex-Mos are the best.

But I've come to realize that some people just need the Church and that's okay too. They're welcome to it.

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:36PM

Since you have been on this site I know that you are exercising your agency in an informed way. Who am I to offer any disagrement? I wish you every happiness that life can offer. Safe journey as you travel on in your life.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:36PM

Is it always the same troll? Whenever we have a toll moment, it always comes with ALL CAPS and 5 or 6 exclamation points!!!!!!

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:59PM

You may be so very correct that we have a 'troll' in our midst. But I think it is quite telling that, even though I am other posters wonder the same thing, that compassion and support is none-the-less offered.

Perhaps whatever 'trolls' may be lurking about today will glean some insight into what it means to be part of a community that, even when we disagree at times with each other and express strong emotions, remain bound together by a desire to support and help each other.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:48PM

Have a great time. No, really. Enjoy your three-hour block. Magnify your callings. Cut those checks. Praise the Man. Follow the prophet, he knows the way. Obey the bishop. Don't look at shoulders. 100% home teaching. Don't forget your weekly temple visits! Bear your testimony early and often. Bring your scrub brush.

Church is all or nothing, so put it first in your life, even above your family if you have one. Saturday is a special day, it's the day you get ready for Sunday.

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:49PM

"Flamed"? Who cares? Go be a Mormon. It works for some people.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 02:52PM

If you find a reason you must eventually leave, then you can do that. It's entirely up to you.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 03:20PM

There are a lot of reasons to stay in the church! I don't match with any of them but others do.

Best wishes!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 22, 2015 03:22PM

No flaming from me, if the church makes you happy, then you should remain a member. Best of luck!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.