Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 07:17PM

See, my opinion on why all these cases of TBMs committing white-collar fraud (such as the Louder case) and the thing with many church members involved in MLM schemes, is because TSCC's informal prohibition against working on Sunday limits their income opportunities in today's get-rich-by-any-means service-based economy. We're not in 1955 anymore, we have to keep up in order to keep up. This also explains the proliferation of Mormon dentists and doctors.....they work 9-5 weekdays schedules like everyone in the non-mo world does.

So shouldn't the TSCC hierarchy that comes with these obsolete (and sometimes Biblically-inaccurate) edicts be more responsible than Mrs. Louder and all those accused in MLM fraud cases? That's what brainwashing does to a whole class of people.

My spiritual conviction leads me to question why a church that has a full-fledged employment service (such as at ldsjobs.org) can be depended on. Do these people ever follow trends and customs of American society? Are they that ignorant to the issues people face today?

Honestly, what's wrong with working a non-essential job on a Sunday if there's no other options out there? Church manuals talk of instances where some person refused a job that mandated Sunday work, and that later that person did land a non-Sunday job. Frankly I think it's crap. How can one rebuke priesthood leaders on this topic, especially since most of them work 9-5 weekday jobs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 07:49PM

the sabbath is saturday

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 07:57PM

...easy. Working on Sunday for your particular MLM is definitely more supportive and uplifting. The extra revenue gained thru such ventures yields a higher tithe and donation to the Church............so therefore my little ones;

"Go, our beloved Saints; in pursuit of that which is most righteous........the edification and santification of the Fiat Dollar...that which is held suspect by all of humanity. And you shall be blessed. By all the Power vested in Janet Yellin, you shall be blessed."

Amen...well, good luck with that.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: February 28, 2015 09:00PM

And if the morgbot does something illegal like fraud or money laundering or anything like that, I'm sure TSCC will not bother to help. Self-reliance indeed!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.