Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 04:58PM

aren't they going to their homes, work etc.. to bring them back? It seems to me it's just an afterthought with them. Sure mention it during boring morg church services like SM. But doing nothing during the rest of the week!??

Isn't this what the morg is trying to do during their Priesthood/ RS council meetings!?? Put everyone on guilt trips about it!???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 06:37PM

But the Mormons ARE trying to come into our homes, work, etc., and intrude in our life!

We just aren't allowing them to!

Give them more time, Anonymous 2. They are still trying to figure out more stealthy ways of bringing you back.

For example, an older friend from California (wife of a bigwig former mission president, stake president) has been contacting other California friends, to get my cell phone number, with no luck, so far. None of the ward Mormons have this private number. She is trying to set up a lunch with another of our friends, a widow, who is semi-active, but no longer pays her huge tithing. When she called this inactive friend, she said that she and her husband have just moved into our area, and she can't wait to reconnect. My friend said, "Welcome to our city! When did you move here?" The stalker wife said, "5 years ago."

Hm-m-m, so the stalker has not been in touch with me or any of the other California friends for 30 years. She has lived in our area for 5 years, and has suddenly been calling us, since January 1.

I also found out that she and her husband were on one of those senior missions, that they call a "computer mission" or "online mission", in which they stalk wayward "less-actives" and "apostates".

(You can confirm, for yourself, which Mormons are doing this, by finding their Facebook pages. They are all alike, with the same format, and very similar family photos, and identical "preachy sermons". These sites are correlated!)

Our suspicions are warranted!

This woman's brother was also a friend from childhood, and he tried to "re-activate" my inactive brother. He pretended to care about my brother (but never invited him to his home or saw him socially). He was very patient and low-key, but RELENTLESS. He would call my brother, for every General Conference priesthood session, and say, "I'll pick you up at 6:00, and we'll go get a burger after." When my parents died, my brother felt very lonely and insecure, so he returned to church. He paid a full tithing on his inheritance--many thousands of dollars--even though my parents had paid tithing on that same money, as their earned income.

Mormons know that being assertive, fanatical, fake-loving, and RELENTLESS will eventually pay off.

It will be interesting to see how this stalker woman's Mormon tactics work on my wealthy inactive widow friend....

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 06:43PM

I've had the impression from Mormon missionaries I've known over the past several years that they spend a great deal of their time looking for and trying to reactivate inactive or less active members.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 06:55PM

I wonder if they're having more luck with that than with trying to recruit newbies?

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 07:10PM

They've not shared with me any statistics comparing reactivations and conversions. Often the missionaries will tell me about their current investigators who appear to be progressing towards baptism, and it often doesn't appear they have a lot of these (as compared with, for instance, their missionary friends who were sent to South America). Sometimes they will say they found an inactive or less active member or family who seems interested in becoming active again. They also tell of finding some who will talk to the missionaries but express no interest in reactivation. And they've admitted that some have told the missionaries they no longer believe in Mormonism and have no intention of going back. But I don't have statistics regarding any of these categories.

Posted by: afraid of mormons ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 06:52PM

The Mormons are being sneaky. Maybe they have already started scheming and chipping away at you, without your even knowing it. I don't like this behind-your-back stuff.

All of my children left the cult with me, but one daughter returned to church, to marry a TBM RM in the temple. His fanatical TBM parents are wary of me, and are afraid I might influence the grandchildren. My daughter has forbidden me to talk about the cult in the presence of these Mormons. In the past few weeks, these TBM in-laws have invited me to several family get-togethers. One was a Mormon movie, and another is an up-coming baptism and celebration. One was a Sunday dinner, which they have every single Sunday of my grandchildren's life. They have never invited me to join in, ever, before now. How long have my daughter and their son been married? 9 years. Nine years of no invitations, and, suddenly 3 invitations.

Suspicious?

These Mormons are older, and have been on a couples mission. I will definitely be looking them up on Facebook. I have to register with Facebook, I guess, but it would be worth it.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 07:26PM

They have definitely shown up at my house many times. My dad always gives out my address every time I move. He lies when asked about it. They find me right away, too. My snake of a sister has put my email address on RS evite type stuff. They are sneaky and not to be trusted! Two of my inactive siblings were sort of tricked into going to church with my TBM family members on Christmas. Yes it's their fault for not seeing through it, but they both fell for it.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 08:04PM

is to do that. Reactivate less actives.

Based on what I saw today doubt it will work. A lot of well established members and families did not come to Church today? I thought maybe it was a back lash from last weeks Group Discussions.

Not a word was mentioned today on any followup. That is clue #2 to me that this program will not work, just like Home teaching.

Clue #3. The SP sent out High Council members to call members to repentance. I could hear the ears of the members turning off. Oh and that is why members are not happy, they are sinning according to talk and need to repent to be happy.

Clue #4 Still a lot of unhappy looking members, husbands and wives that is. I guess reading the Bishopric Letter for the last three weeks and asking the members to participate is not working. Same old 2 or 3 members answer the questions and are involved in the discussion. I guess the members are not keeping the Sabbath Day holy as requested in the Bishopric letter.

So bottom line, if you can't get the troops lined up how are you going to win the war with getting less actives back to Church. Or maybe everyone is depressed over Monson's death.

Posted by: Ilovebreasts ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 11:17AM

They have visited me every time I move to get me back. Even left info on my mail box after name was removed. I will be suing these assholes that won't take NO for an answer.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 11:26AM

I think that the issue is that they do not ask the QUESTION! Which is why did you quit attending? And then Listen to the answer.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 12:04AM

Anonymous 2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> aren't they going to their homes, work etc.. to bring them back?

There is nowhere to ”bring them back” to.

> It seems to me it's just an afterthought with them.

There is no them. It's one directive. One calling. One track, mind you. No choice, thought or possibility, other than follow the leader (even if they don't know where they're going or if they are going nowhere).

> Sure mention it during boring morg church services like SM. But doing nothing during the rest of the week!??

Somebody needs to get their facts straight... or at least get some facts. "Do nothing during the week”? Ever been around Mormons?

> Isn't this what the morg is trying to do during their Priesthood/ RS council meetings!?? Put everyone on guilt trips about it!???
>

Yes, and they have to pay for it themselves.

Fact: TMC (the Mormon ’church') - it's worker bees/ members - spend thousands of hours trying to find ways to get people [newbys, formons, ANYBODY] in the door... and LITTLE, if any, time trying to discover why they left - OR AREN'T THERE - in the first place.

P.S. exactly desertman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 12:08AM by readwrite.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 01:19AM

I always know that every sunday someone from church will call me or pound on my door like a police officer so i get as prepared mentally as i can for this. Usually on the other days of the week the onslought isn't so strong. I can predict their programming and behavior to a tee now, not sure if that is good, bad, or sad. I was in there so i do know how they think and operate, like nazi germans trying to find the escaped nazis is what it feels like.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.