Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 05:39PM

Hello LDS 15,

I am certain, from what I've heard, that you or your assistants read this site, and I decided it might be a way to get your attention as it is impossible to make an appointment to have a discussion with you. Why that is your policy is beyond me as it seems like Jesus, who you claim to lovingly follow, seemed to spend a lot of his time talking to the everyday people.

I am writing this to invite you to learn about undue influence, the legal term for mind control. I believe that undue influence has been in your life, most likely for a very long time. Steven Hassan, an expert in this field, has subdivided undue influence into four areas of control in a person's life which are: behavior control, information control, thought control, and emotional control.

These controls shape a person's way of looking at the world and of learning, making it impossible for critical thinking and personal discovery to have much, if any, room to grow. In critical thinking a person is open to investigate, ask questions, seek for information and facts, and come to a conclusion on those merits. And, if later, the facts change and the conclusion is proven wrong, the amazing process can begin again.

I firmly believe that undue influence has well, influenced you greatly and that this is how the LDS Church is led because this is what you know. Critical thinking, with its open discussion, would give you an amazing new approach to life, reality and freedom.

I hope you journey into this area of learning about undue influence as I believe that everyone should be taught about this subject in order to be wisely educated.

Peace,

A concerned former member of the LDS Church

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 06:25PM

Great post!

I've a hunch it will yield more influence on the followers rather then the lords.

It is worth a try to reach them. Maybe RfM could come with a disclaimer: "Enter at your own risk!"

:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.