Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StolenPrinterInk ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:38PM

Reading reviews of the Kirtland Temple found on Google Maps, most of which are positive in saying what a well-preserved historic structure it is.
One of the reviewers, whose photo is a dude in a black suit and blue tie, said "Nice place just can't feel the spirit there like I can in a dedicated LDS temple".
Aside from how "feeling the spirit" is merely a psychological phenomenon, it's funny how being in a five-year-old building made of steel beams and plaster walls is better than a 180-year-old temple with actual historical significance.
Hopefully someday the Salt Lake, St. George, and similar temples will be more like history museums with guided tours, with the cheap plaster temples built more recently torn down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:03PM

The Spirit is pretty finicky about where it hangs out. It needs stale colors and encrusted Cherrios as well as over priced mostly tacky temples to haunt instead of buildings rich in history and where it all began. Those places are so 20th Century.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:30AM

I was always told in those ppi's that everything that I seemed to enjoy "offended" the spirit. I remember the YM prez trying to induce a guilt trip because I would rather go fishing with my Father on Saturdays than rake leaves for their stupid service project.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.