Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 09:45AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_anointing

"According to Dehlin and Philips ..."

"According to the excommunicated bloggers ..."

Several edits have been made over the last couple of days. Mormons are trying to make the 2nd anointing look like apostate lies now that John is excommunicated. But in their haste to make their edits, they left out the fact that Tom has not been excommunicated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 09:51AM

They're probably assuming.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 10:36AM

Are we sure Tom was not excommunicated?

But, assuming he hasn't been, I've wondered if TBMs are paying attention. Wouldn't they wonder why JD was ex'd for the reasons the church stated and this guy who brought a lawsuit against the holy profit-o-gawd, who made very public his beliefs in the fraudulent teachings of the church, etc., was not?

Do they understand that there is a very very super secret ceremony that keeps someone like Tom from being kicked out of the church and that no matter what Tom has done or does in the future, he's still guaranteed his place in the CK?

No, they pay no attention to anything they're not told to pay attention to. And they avoid reading about anything they are told not to read or listen to anything they don't have permission to listen to. Completely mindless sheep. Gawd, how I do not miss them.

Date: February 11, 2015 12:01PM

In all of the media during the UK trial, the LDS church could have said he was an excommunicated member but they never did. Isn't it interesting that the LDS church uses excommunication to limit the influence of rogue members on the believers but they have never stated that Tom was excommunicated?

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 11:55AM

The Church is in a wonderful Catch-22 with Tom Phillips and the Second Anointing. I love it!

Posted by: anon4now ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 12:08PM

How do we know TP just didnt resign, so thats why he hasnt been exed... or for that matter, how do we know he hasnt been exed? We know about KK and JD because they went to the media right? (At least thats what I thought, correct me if I am wrong.)

Regarding the second anointing anyway, something I have always wondered is if it actually happened. I wouldnt put it past the church to do it... but how do we really know TP really had it, other than he put names to it to give it credibility? Has anyone else come out like him and say they also had the SA?

This may have already been discussed to death, but its something Ive always been skeptical about...

Date: February 11, 2015 12:14PM

Wikipedia says "According to the excommunicated bloggers ..." but gives no source that Tom was excommunicated. CFR wiki Mormons!

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 04:47PM

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 12:41PM

Fixed in less time that it took me to write this post.

It's wikipedia people, if there is something wrong, you fix it.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 01:05PM

+ 100

Posted by: MTfounder ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 01:37PM

Tom was not exed. Trust me.

Posted by: Thinker2 ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 10:49PM

He wasn't X'd and he won't resign. The Church won't touch him either because he's had the 2nd Anointing - the ticket to Heaven - no matter what he does.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 04:32AM

I have never been excommunicated nor have I officially resigned.

I do, however, consider myself a non member and not bound by their rules.

Tom Phillips

Date: February 12, 2015 05:42AM

Thanks Tom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.