Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 06:16PM

Ok I decided to give the missionaries a hard question and this is how it went,hi I was wandering why there isn't any evidence for the book of Mormon anywhere? Missionary, there is but you must pray about it,me I don't want anything to do with this church and why can't you tell me why Joseph Smith made the book of Mormon up? We are not here to debate!and if you want to know the gospel then go and ask missionaries, yep always trying to avoid hard questions

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 06:57PM

"There is [evidence], but you must pray about it."

That's odd.
I don't have to pray about evidence for the Roman Empire -- I can go see it in museums.
I don't have to pray about evidence for evolution by natural selection -- I can observe it daily, go see fossils, learn biology, etc.
I don't have to pray about evidence for the cosmic microwave background that supports both an expanding universe and one that's about 13.7 billion years old -- I can see it in the "snow" of my TV set.

How come I have to pray about your evidence, but not about any other kind?

Seems to me there's something wrong with your evidence...as in there isn't any.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 07:16PM

And . . .

I don't have to pray about evidence of smug arrogance -- I can go the local Mormon ward and verify its existence.

I don't have to pray about evidence of gullibility. I can go to the local----oh, this is too easy!

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 08:50PM

Ok. The definition of Praying is just that.
It is NOT evidence.
Beating a dead horse here?

Posted by: 2 busy 2 log in ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 07:09PM

I don't understand this, OP. You've started numerous threads about how the mormons won't leave you alone and you're tired of talking to them. You've received lots of advice on ignoring them, blocking them, cussing them out, etc. Yesterday you wrote that you were going to ignore them…

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2044041,2044044#msg-2044044

…and now you're initiating the contact? Seriously, do you want the mormon church out of your life or don't you?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 07:27PM

I have to agree what is going on in your head crazyhorse? You are about as back and forth as i am.

Date: November 14, 2017 09:43AM

Yep and it is hard because you just want to ask them hard questions and you are out but will be pulled back in

Date: November 14, 2017 09:47AM

Sorry if I post a lot but just want to ask them hard questions and I am avoiding the missionaries where I live, I don't call them at all or they will think I am interested, it is hard to say no I don't want any part of your church,and Mormon.org makes everything look like it is a nice church but really a cult

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:23PM

It also helps to have pounded in one’s head, “I know this church is true,” a gazillion times. Or how about this gem, “A testimony is to be had in bearing it.” Yes, tell others long enough that you know something they don’t, and you’ll believe yourself! Cheers, The Boner.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 12:10AM

It does make me think what if they know something i don't if they keep repeating it. It was kind of a mindf#ck like god talked to them and not me. And then i saw the temple stuff and then i am like ok nevermind. I saw a couple of mormons at my sleep institute place and they were talking about the tragedy of all the RMs falling away. It was weird to be in my position because i am farther out of the mind control bubble than i thought. Its a tragedy from our side of people staying in and its a tragedy for them if they fall away. Maybe they really think they will be kings and queens one day for their god or whatever, so they don't want it to be wrong.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 01:10AM

It is a scary world outside the church. Inside I had friends to help me do stuff around the house I cannot do, help me work on my car.... Now there is a huge emptiness of having a whole lot of nothing. No religion, no god, no friends(working on this one), and no structure of my sundays any more. No social support or network to rely on. It is a cold world with NO close friends. If they weren't so TBM life would be great again.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 07:23AM

Yes, there is a big void left upon leaving.
You will feel shaky, but it will get better.
It is cathartic, a chance to reevaluate, and as someone said, finally be yourself. Real. Genuine. Whole. No props.
You get to explore new things or just spend some extra time at work!
Remember, you have your 10%+ other moneys + time now = real life.
GO4IT!

Posted by: Don't Tread On Me ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 09:24AM

They know nothing that we weren't taught. The difference is that we now know much more than they do, and in their ignorance, they project bliss. Projecting bliss is the job of a missionary - it is *supposed* to look "blissful," but we know the cult underbelly, that it is either a *mindless* bliss, or a forced and phony "bliss." There is no such thing as *magic* bliss.

Date: November 14, 2017 09:48AM

They send young people out and they live in bad conditions if they go to the Philippines or Africa but the mission president does not, it is a money hungry cult

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.