Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 02:56PM

In no specific order

Thor: Ragnarok
Geostorm
Murder on the Orient Express
Daddy's Home 2
Justice League
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Downsizing
The Greatest Showman

I'll doubt I'll see all of them with my dad but it's a distraction from our everyday problems..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 02:58PM

My wife and I are keen on seeing murder on the orient express. Don't know why but we are almost creepily into murder stories--real and fiction.

star wars isn't my cup of tea but I'm sure I'll watch it anyways.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 08, 2017 12:00AM

Murder on the Orient Express has been fictional for so many decades that it is real now.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 10:16AM

times on television since. Little or no interest in a remake.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 10:34AM

I'm sure it will be great. Although you just can't remake the 70s version of it with Albert Finney as Piorot. So many big stars in both of them. And even though you know "who done it" I guess I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 11:31AM

One thing I look forward to in old age is picking up one of my old mystery novels to read again, and being thrilled that I won't remember 'who done it.'

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 03:27PM

Murder on the Orient Express is number 1. I love Agatha Christie. Saw something about it on CBS Sunday morning yesterday and it looks really well done.

I will probably see Star Wars since the great nephews are already bugging me to take them. They love spending Granty's money. Since I am taking their sister to a play, I will have to take them somewhere.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 03:35PM

Saw "Thor:Ragnarok" this weekend with my daughter.
Fun, entertaining, and funny.
Lots of in-jokes.

I am, of course, looking forward to the next Star Wars...but I also want to see the Blade Runner "sequel." :)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 04:44PM

Murder on the Orient Express and Justice League. I already saw Victoria and Abdul and LBJ.Recommend both. Maybe Star Wars

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2017 11:11PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 07:28PM

I haven't been in a theater in a couple years. Don't like crowds. Murder on the Orient Express might get me outta the house though. I'm a fan of Sir Kenneth Branaugh.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 11:24PM

Same here. would be nice to see it in 70mm. Last film I saw in the theaters was the first installment of The Hobbit.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 10:59PM

I'm going to see Thor sometime soon, and other movies I'm looking forward to are the latest Star Wars movie, Murder on the Orient Express, and Justice League.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 12:33AM

I'm looking forward to Murder on The Orient Express. There's been 2-3 other versions of it, probably the best is from 1974 with Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot.

I have copies of all the Agatha Christie TV shows from the last 20 years; about 40 with David Suchet as Hercule Poirot, 20 or so of Miss Marple, with two great English actresses and earlier, Joan Hickson as Miss Marple. The earlier one is sort of thought to be the best work.

There are also some odds and ends, with Peter Ustinov as Poirot, Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple in the 60's.

And I watch them occasionally.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 08, 2017 12:10AM

I love anything related to Agatha Christie. Love the Poirot/Marple shows.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 06:47AM

Only one...The Darkest Hour. Hope brilliant Gary Old man gets his Oscar at last. Comment and view...there,s a dearth of movies for adults these days.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 10:55PM

Not a big movie goer, but I did read the book Wonder and I want to see it in the theater. I need to check sites to see what else is coming. I have no idea.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 08, 2017 12:14AM

I don't like movies like i used to. Seemed like i was way more excited back in the 1990s, the movies seemed better to me as a kid because i thought they were reality i guess. But now i just find myself bored, feel like i have seen it all in a thousand different ways. Saw the new trailer of star wars and it just did not excite me that much, i hate to say i am star wars out and i loved the first six. It almost looks like another empire strikes back from the clips i saw. I thought i saw a lord of the rings type movie coming out but i may be mistaken. I could be interested in that. They should make another sherlock holmes with robert downey jr. but that is just my opinion.

Posted by: ANON 3 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 11:33AM

Christmas is the diehard season.
Anything by Marvel. Suicide squad again. Anything by Gerard Butler. Godzilla. Spielburg.
Studio Ghiblifest, starwars marathon, the shape of water. Kedi because it's got a 98 on rotten tomatoes. Bombshell story about Hedy Lamarr, actress and genius scientist at 100 tomatoes.
That's about all

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 04:24PM

Caught 'Murder on the Orient Express' yesterday, never saw the original, so plot was new to me.

Overall it was pretty good, a few moments that it dragged, a couple in front of me fell asleep for about 5 minutes.

Anyway, the remarkable thing was the previews. The trailer on the up coming 'J. Paul Getty' showed Kevin Spacey.

So it was a chance to see Spacey before the film is reworked with Christopher Plummer as the lead.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.