Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: October 25, 2017 11:02PM

Hi don't know if missionaries have done this but if I didn't go to church i would get you must go to church! Why didn't you go?you will not be blessed? Or we are sorry you are struggling! Or we are sorry you feel that way? Why don't you want to pray about the book of Mormon anymore? You are listening to lies about our church! And not the truth, yep signs of a money hungry cult!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 25, 2017 11:05PM

I had one try that. I told him I was old enought to be his grandfather and didn't need to explain myself to a snot nosed wet behind the ears teenager.

I also explained I was not his brother.

Date: October 25, 2017 11:53PM

I was sick of hearing all the time why didn't you go to church? You must go! Or why don't you want to be baptized? Don't you want the Holy Ghost? And if you don't want to meet with them anymore they say we are sorry you feel that way!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:56PM

I had to keep correcting somebody from church that i was not his buddy and the former bishops name is not bishop it is garth. Sorry i don't believe in titles.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 12:55AM

It was still effective.

I also got up and opened the front door, to indicate that the conversation was over. It worked.

Date: October 25, 2017 11:06PM

Why is everything anti Mormon for this cult?every website or anything that brings the truth about the Mormon church out is anti Mormon? Even if you ask hard questions you get you must be a anti Mormon, I don't get it and Mormons try everything to get you baptized! Aren't you sick of them saying anti Mormon!

Posted by: Brigham's Bush ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 12:52AM

Technically, pretty much any statement of truth can be anti-Mormon since the Mormon narrative is complete fantasy. A middle school history textbook that mentions people living before 4000 BC/evolving from primates? Polynesians migrating from Asia/Austronesia instead of descended from Hagoth? Sociological studies showing mental health issues increase in areas of religious homogeneity (especially Utah)?
All anti-Mormon.

Date: October 26, 2017 09:59PM

Have you ever found something pro-mormon and believed it? Exactly. I don't even think the leaders know what the church is as far as a religion that makes any sense. They definitely know its a business.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 01:13AM

I eat missionaries for breakfast. They have never so much as looked at my front door since I resigned. Even the bishop puts his tail between his legs when he sees me. I won't take guff from anyone, least of all some wet behind the ears missionary.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 01:23AM

If your phone has a blocking function, I would definitely use it.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 10:01AM

The only guilt I ever got from missionaries was when I was on my mission. APs, ZLs, DLs, gung-ho companions...

Date: October 26, 2017 09:53PM

I hate being asked by family if i am going to church. In other words are you a part of our cult yet fully so we don't feel like we are in a cult when we talk to each other. Like going to church is some saving grace for the lost badass.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 26, 2017 09:56PM

Not exactly but a new Home Teacher came over and proceeded to

ask me If I wore my garments .... I told him it was none of his

business . That was the last time this shit kicker from Utah

stepped foot through my door . I could only surmise that this

Hick felt like it was an acceptable question for a complete

stranger. He found out differently.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 11:47AM

To me, only a cult would have its members ask complete strangers or acquaintances about the type of underwear they wear, in addition to having regulation underwear.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 07:15PM

adoylelb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To me, only a cult would have its members ask
> complete strangers or acquaintances about the type
> of underwear they wear, in addition to having
> regulation underwear.

Exactly !!!!!!! adoylelb.... I bet he never askes anyone else that question again.
;)

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 12:24AM

First off, missionaries run the broad spectrum, ranging from those that have genuinely good however misguided intentions to the most selfish self infatuated politically ambitious vile asses so much like MORmON general authorities. The former I have compassion for, the latter deserving to have their pompous asses kicked in.

After I had been inactive for awhile, the local home ward dumb asses thought that it would be a great idea to bring the most recent hot shot elder over to my place to try to whip me into shape. Those brainless fucking assholes should be very grateful that I was much more interested in the personal project that I was working on in my garage at that time than in engaging them, because I would have intellectually dismembered them in an instant. Then again telling them to go away by slamming my garage door shut very effectively conveyed that they have nothing of importance to me !!!

Those stupid asses seem to forget that I was a missionary at one time too and that I had complete access to their MORmON play book of Bull Shit MORmON tactics. I have not forgot their MORmON playbook or its stupid manipulative plays. I know the counter to every one of them.

Date: November 11, 2017 09:53PM

Yep and everyone is so nice at church to convert you to their ways!you try challenging the missionaries and get we testify that the church of Joseph Smith of latter day liars is true and the book of Mormon is true!I hate it when they do this!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 06:09AM

Teenagers trying to give adults a guilt trip about church?

gutsy.

Posted by: Paintingnotlogged ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 06:44PM

Once upon a time, I told the elders at the door who said a litany syrupy love you sister as artificial as a plate of plastic plastic confection sugar atop a ceramic no paper mache Christmas candy - it was a nutritious as well paper banners and helium balloons *who obviously my brother had sicced on me / "my husband said he'd divorce me if I was Mormon again "

Won't do that again I dont no longer need th e shock value. It was like two stingrays in a cage in an aquarium they couldn't stop stinging each other. Now when I see the missionaries I know it's my front door and I leave then there walk out th e back door ^because its ruder than an arguement which only satiates argumentative rude pompous puffed up arrogant self righteous wimmin slamming know your place now lady men , >walk away

/there isn't anything I have to say to explain no need to justify Its like justify skin all humans need skin why woul d I justify that! Begging permission approval or missies agreement that I do deserve skin like they've got like all th e other humans live in skin where does my right to have skin human skin begin! I dont beg for approval on that it's part of humanity, so I no longer beg approval on what I think or if missionaries or if my big bro the mo desire to censor my thoughts than I'd let them color my hair or paint my toenails different or make me beg for my own keys of my own car or walk into my own kitchen throw good food on the ground .huh

I choose when I want t o approach Mormon topics, I choose which idea I want to address, no one comes to my door uninvited and tells out the topic which they designate demand I attend to what they put out for me to speak to. It's my time now....

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 07:03PM

Some mishies showed up at my house months back and first said, 'are you Sister Bluebutterfly'? Uh, no. I don't go by that. BTW, the longer you are out of tssc, the more cultish being called 'sister' or 'brother' sounds!! Anyway, I told them I wasn't interested. The rude/condescending comment back was, 'well do you know someone who actually WANTS to learn about Christ that we can talk to?' He said it full of attitude and it's interesting how it went from being all sweet and kind to condescending and treated me like I was a devil worshipper. WTF

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 10:28PM

No.

If they did, I'd use carrote, Hong Kong, fughitsu or anything else I know (or don't) on them... not-without-standing - and pointing - laughter, truth, facts and common sense failed (and they were still standing).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2017 12:19PM by readwrite.

Posted by: brownie ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 12:33AM

...was asked by a teen missionary, "If the Profit told you to kill someone, would you do it?"

*pause while processing his query *

Teenager:(jumps in) "Just the fact that you didn't answer 'Yes' right away shows that you are not completely obedient. "

Ummmm, yeah.
Thanks, mishie.

Date: November 11, 2017 09:56PM

Haha and they are at your door and won't let you challenge them at all! I get upset at the hard breed Mormons from Utah!you know these missionaries, they lie so well and say Joseph Smith didn't have many wives or sorry you feel that way, sorry you can't have tea or anything else!missing out for a cult

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 12:40PM

Two spoke to me through my closed, locked door one evening, after I told them to go away that I wasn't interested in what they had to say. So they asked me did I want them to remove my name from church rolls for me, so I wouldn't have to?

I told them that wasn't their decision to make and to just go away.

That really irked me, but it also made me realize they didn't have any power over me unless I surrendered it to them.

It helped me take back some of my power I'd lost having been a servile Mormon for too long.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 06:30AM

in my entire life. I tend to be someone who tells people what they want to hear, also, especially strangers, so I was rather shocked how I reacted when some sister missionaries showed up at my door. I've lived here 31 years and the missionaries have only stopped by 4 times as far as I know. I've been out out of the church for over 20 years now.

So the sister missionaries started making small talk, told me I looked nice (in terms of how I was groomed by how they said it) and I told them I knew that wasn't true as I had just come home from a long walk. Then they asked some other questions and then said something about the church and I told them I had resigned. They said, "Oh, that's too bad." And I said, "Not for me it isn't." You should have seen their faces.

My son was listening and he said, "When it comes to the church, you tell it like it is." He said he has been shocked by how I react to situations like this as I really am a "rug" in most circumstances.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 07:05AM

No. I am a nevermo and so well-versed (I've read all 3 "sacred" Mo texts in their entirety) and I know the history of the church so well that they back off pretty quickly because I warn them as soon as I open the door.

Mostly though they never come to the door. I think they showed up around a year and a half ago for the first time in like 5 years.

Posted by: Tyrrhenia ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 08:50AM

I was a newly convert in my country of origin, where in my town we had a small branch. I lived alone and usually on Sundays after church I would drive out to the countryside where my parents lived. Sometimes on sunny days, after lunch,
I would wash my car, a small FIAT, there in the driveway.

Well, it happened that once I met the missionaries the next day and they asked me what had I done on Sunday. I explained that after church I had gone to my parents, had a great lunch and afterwards I had washed my car. You should have seen their faces! I hadn't kept the sabbath holy! what a shame! I should NEVER wash my car on Sundays!

They really made me feel bad. While the truth is I had had such a good time, truly felt uplifted after church, and spent the time outside washing my car actually enjoying the nature around me and feeling spiritual...

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 12:56PM

You were RIGHT— none changed the Sabbath to Sunday!
That is like a basic if you cannot get your calendar right!
Total intimidation by them ms.

Date: November 12, 2017 10:33PM

I drink tea and got you aren't keeping the law of chastity!and I said I have a sore throat and need tea right now! I wish missionaries would tell the truth but don't! If they did no one would join this cult

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:51AM

Most of the missionaries from my wife's ward have been pretty decent. However, there was one that sticks out in my mind as being quite rude.

He had asked me to read the BoM and to pray on it, per Moroni's Promise. And so I actually did read it, and actually did pray on it...what would be the harm; and hey, what if it really is true? Well, I got nuthin'. In fact, I got less than would I felt from a reading a good book, watching a movie, or playing a video game; and told as much to the missionary.

He had such a disapproving look on his face when he told me...not asked, mind you...to pray again, but this time with a sincere heart. If it weren't for my reluctance to embarrass my Mormon wife, I would have kicked him out of my house. As it was, everybody in the room knew I was pissed.

My wife still points to that incident (me "being offended") as the reason I am so down on the church. Yes, dear, if that helps you cope with my rejection of the church, go ahead. No need for us to discuss any of the actual evidence against JS and the church's truth claims.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 12:34PM

They can't.

I 'NO' too much.

I'll be nice while always telling them the truth, should they engage.

M@t

Date: November 13, 2017 12:58PM

Love ya!
Yea, the NO/know.

Date: November 13, 2017 12:54PM

Not the missionaries but the members:
“If you want to leave and damn yourself, so do, BUT NOT THE KIDS,
That was a bad one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 12:54PM by itzbeen20.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 12:57PM

I had a bishop guilt trip me into paying more tithing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.