Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 06:03PM

(not that there hasn't been any, just too little), I take my leave to vacation in sunnier online climes to see if recovery options are more readily available there. In the meantime, I will have to withhold my usual moose droppings, certainly risking constipation but allowing for a lessened experience in the madness and ill will that has recently invaded this space and my mind.

I do not step away without thanking those who have helped me with their kind postings, those who have listened to mine and those who let me save my sanity by my expressions of attempted humor. Thanks to you all.

I may log in from time to time (maybe even daily, just for baura's daily posts) but I shall not be posting. Back to lurk mode.

Most importantly, thanks to Eric K, Susan I/S and Concrete Zipper (are there others?) for the existence and upkeep of this fantastic forum!

I'll be back. Hopefully the infighting will have diminished and all (or most) trolls will have been killed and their bridges returned to free traffic.

Bye for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 06:33PM

How long have you been here brother?

This battle has been waged since I came here and I came here a theist.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 06:35PM

Date: February 09, 2015 06:42PM

LOL! Nope. I came here before I stopped attending and started considering myself ExMormon.

Came here for the first time in March last year.

It's not the battle per se, brother, it is the fact that I face my own personal battles on a couple other fronts and need the time to dedicate towards those engagements. Since there has been little by way of "recovery" discussion of late, it's a good opportunity to focus elsewhere.

I'll be back, to your relief, happiness, chagrin, disappointment or whatever.

Date: February 09, 2015 06:43PM

If I need you can I call you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8PhquikAqo

Date: February 09, 2015 06:50PM

There is a blow up female moose decoy at the end of that vid. I think you will enjoy it.

Date: February 09, 2015 07:03PM

Ha! That was pretty good! Thanks for sharing.

And now, for you, as my final post for a while, enjoy this:

http://youtu.be/dciUpHfVg9E

ETA: Susan I/S has my e-mail address. Moose call me if you wish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 07:08PM by moose.

Date: February 09, 2015 06:43PM

But beware. After holding in the moose droppings, there may be something of an explosion.

Jus' sayin'.

Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeWeeWee ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 06:40PM

I always liked your posts, so thanks. :-) Have a happy and fruitful journey.

Date: February 09, 2015 06:44PM

Thanks.

Posted by: summer ( )

We will keep the light on for you. :)

Appreciated.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )

Dear Moose,

Benjamin Franklin once said,"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days."

I think the same can be said for any organization, religion, club, support group, or relationship.

It's just the ebb and flow of things.

Hope after you take a break for awhile, you will come back -- but only if you feel comfortable doing so.

All the best.

Date: February 09, 2015 06:45PM

And thanks.

That's all for now.

See all y'all later (that's proper southern).

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 07:04PM

After having your belief system topple, it's pretty natural to try to figure out "What NOW?"

I actually enjoyed seeing the interplay between the theists and atheists as I was leaving. It showed both sides and arguments of the next logical question after leaving Mormonism: Do I leave religion altogether?

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 07:06PM

Au revior you animal!

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 09, 2015 07:25PM

I agree, there hasn’t been as much crisis to help out with or learn from lately. I suppose it’s ok, if it means someone isn’t melting down and hurting at the moment. But that is what I, too, value most about this board. I did manage to directly help someone with an issue on Sunday, so that was worth it. As far as the intense debates: I learn some things from those sometimes as well. I hope you aren’t leaving too much out of disappointment. It’s sad to see you go.

I’ll miss you moose. Thanks for the time you helped me, I won’t forget it.

Mooooooooo :0

Date: February 12, 2015 09:13PM

so I had the opportunity to participate on the board. It was fun and thought provoking!

And now, back on my head (yeah, it's the punchline to an old joke - as am I).

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 09:20PM

Wishing you good spaces in the faraway places you roam. :)

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: February 12, 2015 11:18PM

Happy trails, Moose.

I know what you mean, but I still wish you would keep in touch with RFM. I think this board helps us deal with Mormon family members. It helps us deal with on-going cult abuse, such as the hatred against gays, fear of happy singles, disrespect for women, Mormon shunning, Mormon stalking, Mormons gossiping about us, Mormons interfering with our children, Mormons lying about their history and scriptures, Mormons trying to take over our schools, our communities, the world. This is an ONGOING problem, that for most of us will never end. I'm happy that you can move on, Moose!

After being trapped at birth, lied to by our TBM parents, abused by various Mormons, then discovering the truth about the "Only True Church's" self-proclaimed "Prophet of God", some of us have church-phobia.

What I mean is, that although it is interesting to read different points of view, I'll be damned if I'll ever let anyone tell me what to believe, what not to believe, and who to trust--ever again!

Ignore those threads.

Date: February 13, 2015 01:48PM

What you say is true. Thanks for your comments and sentiments.

As I said way above, "I may log in from time to time (maybe even daily, just for baura's daily posts) but I shall not be posting. Back to lurk mode." I'll modify that since days like yesterday happen and I get more time I can spend here, so I will post from time to time. Mostly when I feel a strong need to add something or even "cuando me de la gana"...or I just can't possibly resist.

The posts will certainly be fewer (Susan I/S may appreciate that!) but I do find that this place has been keeping me sane, so....

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 10:57AM

Recovery can take awhile so address those pressing needs. Do not forget us and check in periodically to see if things are more to your liking for meaningful recovery.

Date: February 13, 2015 01:48PM

Indeed! I'll be around...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.