Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BoogerFace ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 08:20AM

1. That no action is being taken to minimize misogyny in the church. That no one sees a problem with and that they double down on it. Giving a clear message that they value women less despite the tripe said year after year in conference talks.

2. That they felt the need to still complain about "the gays" when they've clearly lost the fight both legally and culturally. They are so dense they can't see how wrong they are here and the don't care about the damage they are doing to people.

3. I hate that the "Apostles" and "Prophets" think its normal and even humble to mention the good deeds they've done. Their own good deeds! When I do something I don't do it so I can climb up on a hill and proclaim my righteousness. Do they even realise they are just normal humans anymore?

4. They insist on a ten percent tithing yet don't have the descency to release their own financials to their own members. How entitled and disrespectful!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 08:43AM

I heartily agree with all that. "The church" is extremly douchey. Disgusting might be a better word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 08:43AM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 10:54AM

Well. When you put it that way they really don't sound like very nice people. Of course they will be the first to tell you that the Mormons are the nicest happiest people on earth.

The Mormon arrogance is off the charts.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 10:55AM

Well, when you're pimping God, certain sacrifices need to be made. Their provably false narrative must be correct at all costs. Nature has a way of beating humility into you. TSCC is having it's wood shed moment.

WHACK! - "That doesn't hurt."

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 10:58AM

Some people like being spanked...

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 11:19AM

Nice point about tithing--they require "an honest tithe" (and many bishops want members to pay 10% off their gross, not what to pay after they break down their income & expenses), yet TSCC is "not honest" when they can't break down to the membership where all that money goes.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 12:12PM

It bothers me that no TBM will ever sincerely ask you, "Well, why do you feel that way?"

Be it member or missionary, they don't want to listen, they want to preach. The assumption that a nonmember or apostate has nothing useful to say to them is set in concrete.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 12:26PM

The apostles literally dont think they are real human beings. Have you ever seen bednar live? That guy really thinks he is something special but he is the biggest self-loving weirdo i had ever seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 12:27PM by badassadam.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.