Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrsnotasiplanned ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 03:31AM

Does the FLDS or AUB have any mormon historical artifacts or documents in their possession? If so, has the church tried to, or succeeded in getting them back?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 08:12AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 09:58AM

Well, polygamy is a mormon historical artifact...right?

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 10:48AM

+1

Also, their profits (pun intended) get the con at a high-level, and are "smart" enough to perpetrate for their own benefit, rather than play suckers for some other profit.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: September 29, 2017 11:57AM

+1000000

Polygamy is the historical reason for all the temple's BS except for baptism for the death.

Posted by: mrsnotasiplanned ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:17AM

If I remember correctly, the show "Big Love" referenced an LDS letter that sanctioned the continuance of polygamy for a chosen few. Does anyone know if such a letter exists, and if so, what organization has it?

Posted by: Lumberjack ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:55AM

For what its worth, in "Big Love" the Roman Grant character tells us that the letter was a forgery and that the UEB had been running this scam for a long time.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 09:19AM

The plugs play the ol wish I could tell you what I know or have seen game well...prolly better than the church...they possess perhaps records of the teachings of Lorne Woolley at the Baldwin radio plant every Tuesday night for the school of the prophets...Lorne and father John were considered great luminaries and the back bone of most of the plyg splinter groups as they were closely involved with John Taylor while in hiding...Lorne was one of his bodyguards...I still choke on the 1886 revelation a bit...Lorne was also either a skilled story teller or delusional...maybe both...in the end...a tird sammich does not a t bone make...I always assumed they had stuff...they pretended o have stuff...in the end they didn't even have the temple endowment when their sheeple wondered why they didn't have no dammed endowment...but they pretended well...thank goodness the salt lake tribune had printed out the endowment from a disaffected member...or they'd had no dam endowment...naw...they got bupkiss

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 10:35AM

One story I did find fascinating was that of an Indian named wevoka who tells of all the chiefs meeting with Christ for a week in late 1800s at walker lake Nevada...whatever spirit speaks to their medicine men prompted them all to just head out...some walking hundreds of miles to get there...Christ taught them a dance that since deteriorated into what is now the ghost dance or sun dance today...the government made this dance illegal because it seemed to give the natives power or perhaps just fired them up to leave the rez...even in town history at walker lake there is a reference to an Indian named wevoka walking down the road and being taunted by two white guys putting up hay...they said hey chief why don't you do a rain dance and make it rain...after much goading the Indian began a chant and dance and it actually poured out f a clear blue sky...after a couple minutes they begged him to make it stop...weird or what...urban legend...who knows...Mormon history seems rife with odd stuff...but 200 years and no one mighty and strong and seven or eight elect generations pushing up daisies in the boneyard...odds are its all made up and the points don't matter....laminitis seem to not be Jews...who'd a thought....well me for one

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.