Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:35AM

or "reward" or privilege that comes with making your way up the hierarchy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:42AM

Even I will admit that the majority of men on that ladder are good people who not only wouldn't do that, but who probably hate that they even have to ask if someone obeys the law of chastity.

No one knows what percentage of them do see it is a perk, whether they admit it or not. But since most of us know of one or two who abused that supposed power and authority, we know that they exist and not sporadically.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:45AM

God i hope they dont see it as a perk and are just brainwashed that its a necessary duty for jesus or something.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:21PM

In the temple, a few of the temple workers got pretty darn close to touching my loins when they were blessing me with their lubricated fingers (seriously, whose idea was that?). Their fingers were definitely in my pubes. I remember getting chills up my spine a couple of times.

I agree that most church leaders are probably good people, but there are a lot of pervs out there that I am sure they would love to be able to ask kids about them touching themselves. Why do you think Bishops sit behind their desk?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2017 03:22PM by Atari.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:53PM

I'm sure many active mormons don't see him that way as they still accept this as standard practice.

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 04:39PM

I am guessing that the kind of people who see this sort of thing as a perk will imagine others would think the same. Those who act in good faith themselves would presume good faith in others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.