Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 08:07AM

For the 36 years I suffered oppression, subjugation and deprivation, one of the greatest blessings in removing these cult chains was liberating my Sundays. Every Sunday in the cult was non-stop busy work, being drilled in brainwashed cult compliance, not true worship of Diety. Keeping the Sabbath Day holy was lip service as this commandment was broken weekly. We are commanded by the Lord not to work on that day, but in reality, that's exactly what we did. I was always burned out, anxious, empty on Sundays. Recovering from the abuse, waste, and misery of Sunday busyness is easier after leaving the cult. I get to choose how to enjoy this DAY OF REST. What are your memories of Sundays and how have you recovered?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 02:12PM

I remember being a YM president in a ward with no active YM, so I made the effort of preparing classes for no one and then just went to EQ classes. That was for 3-4 months until one YM became active.
But despite the numbers in general were growing our bishop wasn't very happy with them, so I couldn't even enjoy that the church was growing.
The fact that for TSCC it's never enough made my sundays everything but happy.
Now I spend my sundays watching sports and listening to music, no matter if the music attract the spirit or not LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.