Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: February 04, 2015 05:00PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1502776

Earlier thread on powerful LDS names.

My specifics for LDS power would be as follows:

The Church gives an individual/family money for no reason other than to exist, survive, even better thrive. (Investor class, great, great dad or mom did the work--wealth stays in the family--The Sam Waltons)

(I know of no one like this)

The Church gives money to individuals/family that lead within the Church organization.

(Monson, Hinckley, Packard)

The Church gives money to individuals/family that lead within the Church business enterprises and the Church itself

(Peterson, Holland, Bednar, Eyring, Oaks)

The Church gives money to individuals/family that lead solely within the business side of the Church including contracting, accounting, legal, political. These people may have callings, but likely not beyond Area Authority, Mission President, Stake President, Temple President (calling and election made sure, second anointing might be their spiritual ambition, make up for the dirty work they do)

(Marriott, R word, Bennett, Hatch)

There is a Jack Mormon/train wreck version of the above group, so long as they tithe/donate/contribute to the Morridor generously they get indulgences or shoulder rubbing with the Mormon royalty.

(Miller, Huntsman, Osmond, Engemann, MLM founders, Ashton--gay WP founder)

There is a lot more to this and likely brings in CES, BYU, and properties I so not know, such as Polynesian Center and ranches)

This ultimately comes down to how the infrastructure has been established over time to exist as it does, entry, exist.

When is the transition from drone to insider? How is it recognized within the group, how is it enforced/rewarded?

This can be measured through weighting, probably even contrived to make the current structure work, but I don't think I have enough insider information.

Do Mormons exist that are purely parasites on the Church wealth? Smiths, Youngs, Kimballs? People that offer nothing currently, but thrive through access to Church wealth.

What is modern Mormon royalty and how does it manifest itself? How is it related to Mormon royalty in polygamy?

There is a lot to this and just curious if this is of interest to others and what they think of how power manifest in Mormonism, how it is rewarded, and how it is preserved! I do not believe Mormonism at the highest levels is a meritocracy, but seems to be to a point and then something more foreign to me like royalty kicks in.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 05:06PM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.