Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 02:13PM

In computer?

Links? Software! Is Matt out there? Please help or direct me

I'm ready to start again two terabytes in a dedicated cheap laptop blank directory arrives tomorrow. pikes of assorted thumb drives and directories and barely labeled narratives, and stacks and volumes of unpublished poems surround me stacked in woven crates near my feet

Now what. I need to set up the folder system and a writing draft topic label system ; if not gathering past writing then utilizing as a workspace for present writing.

There could be many diagnoses for one exiting an l d s confining commandment strewn cognitive flow with concurrent obligations, such as routine staying alive love body maintenance parenting grand parenting assorted cats and dogs strewn at your feet plants in the yard as you wake up, awaken from your religion enhanced haze of drifts of culture wrapped thinking much like Saran plastic wrap covers and captures food inside a plate the Mormon thought flow held my logic in, secure in an anxiously tied down at the top of a cliff peering over then covering my eyes at what I saw sort of way like the garments securely covered me wrapping cellulite growing unseen between pregnancies

Help me logic this please, links on computer writers version number and life planner folder file hierarchies even menu planning programming for home even primative camping weekend or rv menu file folders menu help- everything for computer digital file collapse cascades of re copied files unlabeled lost files lost final drafts ---anyone? Oh wow. You see at my midlife, I've been forced to reorganize right down to well everything. have reorganized mylife, my routines, my skills in many many parts of my life having clunked to a near complete shut down when under too much stress to compensate except to switch gears near instantly unable to stay with the pain facing parodoxes and learning skills handling collateral damage from everything from surgical adhesions to awful situations and environmental social catastrophes long long long past which made me able, capable of questioning a loving God who would ever do this not only to me but any consciousness in captivity in a body experiencing life's suffering how could this be - an idealized plan lol!!

Complete melt down ok, meet fav grandmother with cancer witness her pain melting body size when life long weight watcher ironically met cancer young mirmonnne is thinking: she obeyed the commandments this does not look good. I swore off diets for life no meetings Weighing fighting genetic phenotype 46,000 years in met Safeway Kellogg's plain puffed rice cereal mint liqueurs poured on vanilla ice cream sugared raspberry vinaigrette
Lol. I lift weights instead.

But anyways after my Mormon leaving exodus bouncing through burning religious connections I learned to question and this is the rebuilding stage. Any computer file systematic organization and file labeling through story versions someone can recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 02:23PM

If you are looking for automated version control, here are some packages to help. For the amounts you are talking about, it sounds like such packages are what you need.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/not-just-for-coders-top-version-control-systems-for-writers/

If it is an occasional file, I just save the file as the file name with YYYYMMDDNN apended. That tracks the year, month and date of the revision. The NN starts with 1 and goes to 99, meaning that 99 revised files can be made in one day.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 03:21PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 07, 2017 04:21PM

https://tortoisesvn.net/

Another version control app I'd recommend. It's a bit of a "programmer interface," but it's free, easy to use, lets you keep track of differences as you go, recover any version you ever saved, and merge versions selectively.

I've used it for big programming projects for source code -- but also for written documents. Works great for both :)

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: September 08, 2017 04:37PM

in some digital university access yesterday

learning / ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.