Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heebie Jeebies ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 12:37AM

This is so creepy. The bishop who s...l...o...w...l...y processed my resignation is posting frequently on Facebook. My friend posted that the new Cover Girl mascara made her eyelashes so long and all women should wear it. Then she posted that it was cute that her daughter wears pink Ugg boots. The bishop kept posting on it. Am I being overly sensitive or does this gross anyone else out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: October 16, 2010 12:40AM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 12:59PM

gross for sure.

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 01:18PM

Most bishops are slow at processing resignations. That's a separate subject from him posting on FB where you can read what he writes.

My son has a Mormon posting on his FB page. This particular Mormon was an old neighbor of ours. My son is an adult, so this makes it difficult for me to do anything about it. When I read the Mormon's posts, it's easy for me to see that he is mentally unstable when it comes to gay & women's rights. However, my son doesn't seem to care enough to delete him from his friend's list. Yes, it makes me cringe!

Posted by: neffie ( )
Date: October 17, 2010 03:11PM

Why not post a "I wonder what is taking so long with my resignation from the LDS church?" in one of those threads he keeps posting on?

Or in the mascara thread: "you know what also makes for a long process? Resigning from the church!"

Or on his wall: "Bob: I thought I would contact you on Facebook since you seem to be on here a lot. Would my resignation process go faster if I communicate with you in this forum?"

That might spur some action!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.