Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 03:05PM

Anyone have hypothyroidism?

Did you wake up one day dizzy? That's what happened today. Came home from work. Not sure what to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 03:07PM

Dizziness is not a common symptom of hypothyroidism. Please seek medical attention as it could be a mild stroke symptom.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 03:09PM

No it is not a symptom I have encountered, mostly extreme tiredness. Better have a checkup mate.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 04:08PM

A good friend / co-worker of mine from many years ago kept mentioning the sufferings of his wife over a short period of time. She was slender, but her thyroid growth was becoming a serious issue (and I mean this guy was really really worried).

After several months of "suffering" he had to rush her to the hospital where she delivered their SIXTH CHILD. I kid you not -- she was pregnant and didn't know until arriving at the hospital for them to check out her thyroid problem.

This has a bit of mormon celebrity connection as well -- as this was a close relation to BKP his awesomeness. Discernment of "spirit" obviously lacking in this case.

Hope your pregnancy goes well !!! ;-)

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 04:33PM

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 07:41PM

Please let us know how you do okay?

Posted by: Smoosher ( )
Date: February 02, 2015 11:24PM

I literally just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism today. I also suffer from dizziness in the morning. Seems like a mild case of vertigo. It normally goes away later in the day.

I also believe I am having issues with adrenal fatigue and that can be a problem caused by it. But good luck finding a doctor that believes in adrenal fatigue.

Posted by: Annie ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 01:04AM

Great idea to have that checked.

I've been hypothyroid for 20 years officially, many more before being diagnosed.

About three years ago I was diagnosed with Adrenal Insufficiency, or Addison's Disease. To my knowledge there is not a test for adrenal fatigue, but clearly is related, or perhaps a precursor. Dizziness was a prominent trait I noticed before being diagnosed, along with extreme fatigue. Also watch for electrolyte imbalance: low sodium and high potassium. Both diseases are, or can be, autoimmune. To get more information search National Adrenal Diseases Foundation, http://www.nadf.us/index.htm. Also Mayo clinic is a good resource.

Just a possibility, I hope this is helpful and wish all of you the best.

Annie

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 06:27AM

My condition is caused by a pituitary tumor surgery. I take a drug twice a day to keep my adrenal glands functioning and have had eye problems as a result. My thyroid keeps plugging along fairly well in spite of predictions that it will eventually need drugs. The pituitary also caused diabetes insipitus which is not related to the common types of diabetes.

Anyone with hormone problems needs to find a good endocrinologist who will be able to help them much better than a doctor who hasn't had that special training and experience.

Posted by: byebye ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 01:04AM

There is a very long list of symptoms for hypothyroid. I have been taking meds for about 10 years. Watch out for plantar fascitis and frozen shoulder. If you want to be healthy you have to keep moving or you will always feel very cold. Take care.

Posted by: thyroid ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 02:12AM

Yes, found out by accident with blood work.
Essentially the same RX dose over 20 years, checked once a year.
I used to get cold easily, not so much with mental pause/menopause.
If you don't feel right, make sure the dose is adequate...
Have you been under great stress? That can affect adrenals...
Keep us posted. Good luck!

Posted by: aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 08:16AM

Found out by accident myself.

I'm still convinced my depleted uranium exposure is to blame. Quite a few of my buddies have got similar problems, but there is no telling the government agencies.

We don't exist. Apparently.

Posted by: Sometime poster ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 08:40AM

About 9 years ago, a blood test revealed that my tsh was elevated. Subsequent testing did likewise. Probably ranged from 7 to 15. My physician wanted to start me on levothyroxine. But I was healthy and thought I felt fine. I had been cold as long as I could remember, but I wasn't sleeping an inordinate amount. I had an Iodine uptake scan and ultrasound that showed nodules on my thyroid. But because I felt fine I didn't start medication. I didn't go to the doctor much for many years thereafter.

In the last year or so, however, I sought medical treatment for a musculoskeletal issue. Since it had been a long time, the doc did blood work, again showing high tsh. I was still reluctant to start meds, so we did blood rechecks every 3 months a number of times. Tsh was ways high. Last summer, I started levothyroxine. While I never slept too much, getting out of bed in the morning has become much easier. Generally, I feel more energetic. I'm glad I decided to start medication.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 03, 2015 02:48PM

I never considered that I had thyroid issues and just thought my fatigue could be chalked up to severe anemia. After ending up in the hospital and being given a transfusion and having a lot of blood work done, I find out that it was hypothyroidism too. Now I have fereheme infusions, B-12 injections and take synthroid. Have so much energy I don't know what to do with it.

So not quite sure which of those deficiencies caused the dizziness, but I sure had a lot of it and it's completely gone now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.