Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregonian ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 09:46PM

To me, it's looking more like he simply ran away. His weird behavior before he left seems like an extended drug binge. His family has called off the local search, and some have said his friends have spoken with him.

It's a strange story. What do YOU think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 10:12PM

what is weird to me is that it was reported that when the police found his car there were items in it that did not belong to him. One of the items was a beer bottle. A day or so ago, I read that the report of a beer bottle were not correct, that were was NOT a beer bottle in the car. WTH? Either there was and the family wanted that sanitized, or there wasn't and someone made it up. What's that about?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 02:41PM

Meanwhile, the rest of us are wondering who the hell Paul Swenson is and why we should care.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 05:17PM

He is a 30 y.o. man from Utah County who went missing after acting strangely and telling his wife he was going to some sort of appointment several days ago. He never made the appointment and his car was found in a random place on the west side of Salt Lake. Inside his car were items that supposedly did not belong to him. His family said he might have had a medical or mental issue.

Foul Play? Who knows at this point. But there have been reports that he has contacted a few people somehow, so it might be a case of him wanting to disappear.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 03:39PM

I was driving home last night and got off I15 on 600 South, going downtown.

I saw a big billboard which the same pictures and information about him. I guess someone is still looking for him.

Posted by: I grew up with them ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 02:14PM

I grew up in cedar hills where I believe his parents still live. They are a large TBM family. They had a daughter my age (33) who has like 6 or 7 kids already. Their father was the stake president when I was growing up...which in Utah County is a big f-ing deal...huge social status/righteous glory. Poor guy, so sad.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 02:27PM

Read the CES letter and bailed?

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 03:14PM

Don't know anything about the man but the article posted.

When people are stressed by something going on that is either adverse and/or they're trying to hide they can have medical problems like chest pains that aren't supported by other evidence of heart disease. I guess the mystery is what was he hiding and/or stressed by? Perhaps he had an romantic relationship or a drug problem that might lead him to that area that he had no *known* connection? Suspended social media accounts - someone was posting something that could reveal his secret?

Fastest way out of a difficult or an embarrassing situation - just "disappear"? If I were family or police I'd be checking his email, social media and phone histories.

Posted by: Gemini nli ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 03:39PM

A body was just recovered from a creek in Salt Lake County. Likely male. Been there awhile. I am sure his family is very worried it might be Paul.

Posted by: tootsmcguire ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 07:10PM

Sadly his family just announced his body has been located.

Posted by: Watcher2 ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 10:25PM

There was no good outcome for this. After this length of time, if he was alive, it meant he'd either totally abandoned his family, or he met with foul play. If he was dead, he may have committed suicide, died of a drug overdose, or again - met with foul play.

I feel sorry for his family (and him too). I hope they determine what actually happened, even though that will be hard to do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.