Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hollensnopper ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 03:12PM

So: I was researching low frequency sound waves and found that they can induce "feelings of...well I'll just copy from the web site (East Coast Research and Investigation of the Paranormal)

Infrasound refers to sound vibrations that are at a frequency too low to be heard by the human ear which has a range from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (called the audible range). Levels below 20 Hz are described as infrasonic (infrasound) and those above 20,000 Hz are ultrasonic.

While we may experience discomfort at sounds we can hear at volumes of around 80 decibels upwards, it is believed exposure to low frequency sound vibrations which we cannot detect may also have considerable impact on humans. In much the same way many find the audible bass of a high volume car stereo annoying, sounds at even lower frequencies may interfere with our emotions and perceptions. It is known that military forces have examined the effects of infrasound and even looked into its use as a weapon.

Exposure to infrasound has been demonstrated to affect recipients with symptoms including fear, sorrow, depression, anxiety, nausea, chest pressure and hallucination.

So I thought to myself: This probably explains the "feelings" of awe, or "the Spirit" that DH claims to have had in the temple.

I bet almost anything that the church has every temple set up to randomly, or at will produce a feeling of "the spirit" with sub-sonic sound waves....and the article specifically mentions organ music as affecting the human body....

Does anyone reading this have any knowledge of sound systems in the various temples??

Just wondering

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 03:20PM

I don't think the church goes so far as to set up sound generators.

But....I do know stores have gone so far as to place subliminal messages in the music you hear, suggesting you not steal or suggesting you are hungry etc. They may have since stopped but was a tactic in the 80s and 90s.

I'd not put the church past placing subliminal messages in the temple film and sound track. Is much easier and far less expensive than setting up sound generators.

As a side note. In the 70s the Soviet Union at one time tried to mass broadcast noise at certain frequencies across the US to make us docile and lazy.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:01PM

I don't know about sound systems in the temple (I like your theory) but I know that the room temperature in that allegedly "awe-inspiring" celestial room was so damn cold. The lobby furniture was bitterly cold to the touch. Also, I observed a hell of a rattle from those glass/gold plated chandeliers. Some type of machinery was causing them to continually clang and rattle. I would have probably had more visions of grandeur except for being shooed out of the celestial room by annoyed temple workers.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:11PM

It doesn't seem practical. Someone would feel or hear it. Besides, the same old scam worked fine before electronics came along.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:34PM

My only hope is that when a certain low note is played that loud booming car next to me at the stop light will explode in a ball of flames.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 08:38PM

At around age fourty, most of us start needing eyeglasses. At around the same time, most of us start loosing our ability to hear higher frequencies. At work recently, one of the younger guys set a phone app to output a loud 14 KHz tone. A few of the younger guys said ouch, covered their ears, and said "turn it off". Myself and a few of the older guys there said "turn what off?".

As the guy with the phone app adjusted the tone, each of us seemed to have different frequencies at which we could start hearing the tones as the frequency went down. It should be easy to find android-based oscilloscope apps too. You may be able to see sounds on your phone that you can't hear. Any continuous waveform can be annoying or affect how you feel.

Put an oscilloscope app on your phone and then sneak it in to the celestial room. If you see anything weird there, use a phone app to record it, whether you can hear it or not. Play it backwards later. Maybe it'll say it'll be music by Black Sabbath, telling you that satin is god, or "pay twice the tithing for twice the blessings".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 08:54PM by azsteve.

Posted by: hello nli ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 04:00AM

5G telecom operates on low frequency microwaves, on bandwidths in use by the military. I advise you to search and read the patents for this tek, as it includes assertions that this tek can be used for mind control and body control.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 04:37AM

???

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 05:14AM

Not exactly the same but if you want proof that tone of voice directly affects mood just look up ASMR and look at the videos of it on youtube.

I am part of the population that is affected by it to a high degree, stuff is near hypnotic to me, yet to others it has no effect at all.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 11:36AM

There are a lot of cat purring apps out there, like this one: https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/catPurrNoiseGenerator.php

That's mood altering.

Posted by: hollensnopper ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 10:58AM

In the article I read that started this thread, it said low frequency sound waves (below the range of human hearing) caused body organs to vibrate, and the body/brain would seek to understand the cause. In some, the reaction would be one of awe or fear and in some cases there could be hallucinations.

Bradley mentioned electronics (which could now be used) but my original thought was something to do with pipe organs, which have been around since before the time of Joseph Smith.

I know the bigger the pipe, the lower the frequency. Wasn't there a temple president who resigned from the church? I bet he would know.......

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 11:20AM

Claims of "infrasound" causing health issues or contributing to "interfering with our emotions and perceptions" have no basis in fact.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/alternative_energy/2013/03/wind_turbine_syndrome_debunking_a_disease_that_may_be_a_nocebo_effect.html

Yes, the military *did* experiment with "infrasound." And then abandoned the idea, because it was a complete failure.

Vibrations (which can be causes by "infrasound" at high levels) can disrupt sleep. Which isn't at all surprising. But "infrasound" isn't some nefarious evil way to brainwash people or mess with their emotions. If the morg are pumping "infrasound" into temples, the only thing it might do is make people less susceptible to falling asleep during the boring temple movie.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 01:24PM

Article about infrasound and the paranormal:

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/infrasound

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 02:33PM

I'm no expert, but I know that "conspiracy" videos almost always have a low, continuous, ominous tone or chord that induces dread in the listener.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.