Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 01:45PM

I have, on several occasions, mentioned a story I read where a young woman talked about the freedom she she found by converting to Islam; I just read a long answer to a questioning Muslim about whether to believe if the Koran was not actually from God, but written by man. Here's he heart of the answer, which applies to Mormonism and most cults, and illustrates exactly what that young woman felt (not edited for odd use of english):

"... What other religion fully defines every aspect of life as thoroughly as Al Islam? None. With it you know how eat, sleep, talk,& walk.The best things to when leaving & coming to your home.What to say if you awake from a bad dream, entering the toilet, which foot to enter & leave on, even what hand to hold your johnson with while you use it.

It gives you business & how to respond if you or another person does that badly.How to choose & treat a wife, even eat to says before you make love to her.

Brother, if you worship a god that has not given you all that you need in life to live,this is not Allah. Spiritually, if you believe in Heaven & Hell, & that our speech & actions in this life will get is one or the other, Al Islam is the advantage that you need to live that good life & make it to Heaven.

Study Islam, get with someone who can teach you the wholeness of spirituality & I'm sure you'll be satisfied."

No, this wasn't written by the Islamic brother of Honest TBM.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 01:56PM

I think that Mormonism and Islam will merge--maybe in the next ten years for:

real or imagined economic benefit
increase #s and to achieve world eminence
to maintain polygamy
to continue rejection of gays

I wonder if all the new temples in seemingly nonsensical places are really intended to be mosques.

Didn't Joseph Smith believe that he was the American Muhammad?
Haven't Mormon apostles said that Mormonism is most akin to Islam?

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 04:09PM

Back in 1986 I attended the Worlds fair with my TBM in Vancouver. The Islam and LDS expos were next to each other. I read the introductions for each and quickly told my wife, "These two are very similar". She ignored me. This is probably old news to most but there was a wiki on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_Mormonism

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 03:10AM

So, Mormons are Muslims who think they are Christians who think they are Jews.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:20PM

There are fundamentalist beliefs and religions out there that outline a member's do's and don't in life from sun-up to sun-down. People find comfort wrapped in this cozy blanket that alleviates their decisions and their fears. No, we cannot eat this, no, we cannot see this movie or watch the news, no, no, no.

The thinking is done for you, and in your mind, this is as it should be as you have been indoctrinated thoroughly that this is what God desires for you.

When I first left the cult, I felt exposed....I was missing my security blanket but unable at first to put those words to what I was feeling. FREEDOM was scary at first because I had been missing this wonderful thing in my life.

Posted by: imping ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:37PM

presleynfactsrock Wrote:
----------------------
> FREEDOM was scary at first because I had been
> missing this wonderful thing in my life.

+++

except one minor edit:

"...I had never known this wonderful thing in my life."

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:43PM

For all their similarities, the differences can be stark. Draw your best picture of the founding prophet of each and present it to his followers. The Mormons will likely thank you for the effort. The Muslims may try to kill you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.