Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Not a Mormon Ever ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 03:43PM

As a Nevemo I have to say thanks everyone for the information bout the Mormon belief system. Because of you and your information, when a Mormon woman challenged me and asked me WHY I believe her church treats women like second class citizens (because her mother's family are all Mormons, by gum! therefore I know NOTHING!), I was able to rattle off a whole list of why.

Without you I would have folded like a paper bag.

Here's what I wrote.
Lady person (who asked how women were treated as second class citizens), not being able to have the Priesthood, not allowing women to run the Relief society freely (ie, they have to ask for permission from the Bishop to spend their own RS money for programs as well as having programs approved by the bishop, like they can't figure that out for themselves), Having to be married to get into Celestial Heaven (Single women will never get in to Celestial heaven, the highest of heavens unless they are assigned to a "worthy priesthood holder" who will call them through the veil), The fact that the church has NO women in their governing boards and therefore have no say say as to what goes on in their own church.

The girls programs get virtually no money and are aimed at women just getting married in the Temple and popping out babies without any plan for a career or what the girl wants to do with her life, while the boys have camp outs and other fun activities, Women's programs that focus solely on marriage. The idea that women will have to share their husband because he will have many wives in the afterlife that will be eternally pregnant (that sounds terrible to me). And don't tell me these things are not believed by Mormons. I know about the milk before the meat attitude of the Mormon church.

Oh! And women don't get to know their husband's temple name, but men sure know their wive's temple name.

Shall I go on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 03:49PM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 03:52PM

You've summed it up and even reminded my why I'm so happy to be out!

I hope you continue reading here--the history of the whole debacle is absolutely fascinating in its weirdness!

:)

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 04:16PM

Thank you, on behalf of RFM, for the compliment!

This a wonderfully honest website, and if RFM can help anyone avoid the trap of Mormonism, and give them helpful information to pass on to others, then it is all good!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 04:18PM

She will immediately discount everything you said, not because it's not true, but because you used the term "Celestial Heaven" instead of Celestial Kingdom.

Just channeling the mormon mindset...

Date: July 25, 2017 04:22PM

Doh! Well, it's a FB post, so I will go back and correct that.

Thanks Cheryl! I've read many of your posts and I admire your hosing of the missionaries.

Thanks Kathleen! Read many of your posts too! You have such strength!

Breeze, I think you are a little newer than Cheryl and Kathleen, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

CNB - Thanks for the correction. I'll make it.

BTW, she has not responded to my post yet.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 08:56PM

Thank you! :)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 04:31PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 04:43PM

Nicely done! :)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 06:08PM

I would have loved to have seen her chin drop to the floor and her eyes bug out when she got all that from a Nevermo! Wow. What a sharpshooter.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 06:55PM

For me the best evidence is requiring a Priesthood holder to be in the building, on the camp out, or at the event.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 07:58PM

IN ~ on excellent testimony from the ex-mo mission fields thred ~

peace ~ be upon the nevermo contributors to RfM ~

in b 4 ~ "the stone goes rolling forth" ~

~ or whatever ~

Posted by: mootman ( )
Date: July 25, 2017 08:03PM

You forgot to remind her that Utah has really terrible rates of women getting college degrees and suffering seXual assaults all directly traceable to how the Mormon culture devalues women

Not a Mormon Ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a Nevemo I have to say thanks everyone for the
> information bout the Mormon belief system. Because
> of you and your information, when a Mormon woman
> challenged me

Date: July 26, 2017 09:35AM

Well, I wrote what I remembered quickly.

Posted by: Julie IT's ME!!!!!!!!!!! ( )
Date: July 26, 2017 01:45AM

I don't suppose there is much ( if anything) you can do to help me from saying more than I should. My Granddaughter (13) is being influenced by Mormons and I am scared . My youngest granddaughter has died from Brain Cancer ( her little sister) and her two best friends are becoming Mormons. I have asked them to study this site and I doubt they are doing it. My daughter (Her mother) is having a horrible time going on from this nightmare and is drinking and maybe more. She doesn't understand the ramifications of letting our girl be influenced this way. My daughter doesn't want me to know how serious things are and she has turned against us. We have always been a close family. She has a boyfriend with a long record that broke into our Cabin a week ago and the Police through them out.We told them not to go. We could have had him returned to jail for a long time and I wish we had. Anyway I know you all understand it's these Mormons that are scaring me to death. People I trust have told me I cannot do anything. Her dad cheated and left while the little one was dying and that G. mother has control right now because my daughter has told her she can. I have a ton of medical problems and I want her here with me. The School wanted her here too, but I did not see how serious this was getting. What do people do ?

Date: July 26, 2017 09:37AM

Wow! First, I'm sorry for the loss of your granddaughter. That has to be hard.

Second, I think it would be well worth it to you to start this as it's own thread. As a non-Mormon, I don't think I can offer much help, but I thing the other fine posters on this site can.

Good luck to you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.