Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: June 15, 2017 06:07AM

A while ago Ramses and I met up in London for coffee and had a super time talking about life, the universe and our exmo experiences.

Ramses will be back in London this summer and we are planning to meet up again.

Please join us!

We are planning on 12 midday - Sunday, 23 July - Café W, Waterstones, 203/206 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HD

https://www.waterstones.com/bookshops/piccadilly

To help you find us... I have slightly crazy hair (ever heard of Crystal Tipps?!) and I’ll wear a missionary name badge.

It would be great if you could be there. I’ll put a few reminders on the board before then.

Big love from London

Claire x

PS Thank you for your concern about UK posters during the recent terrorist attacks, sorry I don’t visit the board very much and didn’t comment at the time. I was in Egypt when the Manchester attack happened but back home in London when the London Bridge incident occurred. Simply awful, I have no words.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 19, 2017 06:30PM

Just a reminder, in case anyone's in London on Sunday. Would be super to see you.

Claire x

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 06:58PM

I'm not near London but I hope you have a great time!

Date: July 20, 2017 10:57AM

Thank you Kendal Mint Cake!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 03:23AM

It was about 11 years ago. I think I'd had dinner with ScottishBoy. He hasn't been around here in ages. We had a great time. He called you, but you were not able to join us.

Wish I could just hop a plane or two, and join y'all! Have one for me, will you?

(((HUGS))) from High Desert Country!!!

Date: July 21, 2017 03:35AM

Hi Catnip

I remember! I'd just had surgery and was so disappointed to have missed the meet-up.

We had quite a few meet-ups in the UK at that time... London, Glasgow, Birmingham.

I haven't heard from ScottishBoy in a while, although we follow each other on Twitter so I occasionally see his name appear.

One of my best friends is GayRM, who used to post on here back in the day. I think he was planning to be there on Sunday if he can make it.

Rameses emailed yesterday to say he'll be there so it may just be the two of us again, which is cool.

Big hugs from London to you Catnip and thank you for your good wishes :)

xo

Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 09:54AM

Remember meeting you in B'ham. All the best.

Date: July 21, 2017 11:12AM

What was your name on the board in those days Politic? Please excuse me if my question is intrusive.

C

Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:35AM

Hi Claire. There were about 5 of us locals there including one that knew someone's sister. There was a nice guy who may be GayRM. MAtt was there and perhaps another two good people.
You may have been the first person to tell me about Tom. Can't answer your question for a good reason. Regards.

Date: July 22, 2017 05:48AM

Hope we meet again!

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 01:47PM

Dang, was in London a few weeks ago, would have loved to meetup with you lot.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.