Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ragingphoenix can't log in ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 04:46PM

Life is so good and peaceful. I've never experienced this before. It turns out I was wrongly diagnosed as having bipolar disorder.

I've been off all meds and I'm incredibly stable. I've been separated from my wife since January and no longer am living in constant battles with inlaws and family. I drew healthy boundaries with my parents.

I met my biological family and I'm living in Oregon now with my biological sister.

I have a pleasant co-parenting relationship with my soon to be exwife.

I have zero chaos happening. My environment before was so stress inducing that this is a total shock in the best way. I eat healthy, don't use alcohol anymore (it was a problem for me) and I exercise daily. I go to sleep and get up early.

Mormonism doesn't cause much resentment in me anymore. I see it as something twisted that gave me a lesson in all kinds of things that resulted in me learning how to use analysis and critical thinking, among other things.

I feel I deserve this :)

I also learnt that I have ADD but it's easily treated.

Life is wonderful!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ragingphoenix can't spell lol ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 04:49PM

I don't know why it autocorrected to learnt. Lol. I meant learned. Pardon sp issues plz :)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:37PM

Because your auto-correct is set to Standard English instead of American English. "Learnt" is correct. So, apparently, is "learned." Who knew?

"If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient."

...Lady Catherine de Bourgh, Pride and Prejudice

I'm glad it's working out for you. It's great when your planets align. It happens so infrequently.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 05:24PM

It is really good that things are so much better for you now, Ragingphoenix...

I am very glad for you!

:)

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 06:06PM

WTG! What a great story!

You stopped being a victim, and taking all the blame! The Mormons I know are experts at blaming everyone and everything, except for themselves and their cult. For years, I thought I was mildly "depressed," but as soon as my children and I resigned from Mormonism, the depression disappeared!

Somehow, you began to see what things could be changed in your life. Change can give you a fresh start at life!

You have also found love, and a family--amazing! Being a free man, you will have a better relationship with your children, and will perhaps be able to teach them how to use analysis and critical thinking, too.

My children and I have relationship that's better than ever, without the cult butting into the middle of everything.

It makes you wonder how many Mormons (especially women) take meds just to cope with the evil cult.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 10:42PM

IN ~ on positive thred ~

positive thred is positive `

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:47PM

What great news!

Congratulations!

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 12:12AM

Wow. Happy for you. Getting a healthy distance away from Mormonism and the society it fosters does wonders for mental health doesn't it? You DO deserve this. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 01:15AM

You *sound* so much better, Ragingphoenix. You sound happy! I'm glad for you. Keep on keeping on!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 01:43AM

Such very good news! :D

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 08:36AM

That's fabulous. :o)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 09:48AM

It's scary how often people are misdiagnosed with bipolar and those meds can be heavy duty and turn you into a zombie if you're misdiagnosed. You've had a rough time the last few years. I'm happy to hear that you are doing much better. You show new exmos that you can push through the hardest of times and learn how to thrive.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 04:16PM

Old saying...it's not what you eat ...it's what's eating you...great to hear you've found peace...few do...even toxic relationships can fester for years out of pure habit...we don't break habits very easily and often we just believe we don't deserve better or maybe it's our fault...abusive spouses will gladly keep that myth alive if it's useful...she's quite the quagmire this life

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 05:38PM

What terrific news. A correct diagnosis! What a difference that made. Congratulations on getting your life straightened out and on track!
It's wonderful to be in a state of mind that is healthy on so many levels.
You got your life back!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.