Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonsometimes ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 07:16PM

At Christmas time, a TBM relative asked us to send her pictures of our family to be used to make a gift for some relatives that we no longer speak to. We don't speak to or have we seen these relatives in a few years due to us leaving TSCC. Today I found out that they still included pictures of our family in the gift that they made.

It just seems so "Mormon" to do something like that, no f***ing boundaries. I know that they can do whatever they want with the pictures that they have of us but we didn't want to be a part of it and told them so. Mormons have no boundaries or respect for other people; they should of just left our family out of the stupid gift that they made. You know what else irritates me is how many requests I get to either make something or send something for some stupid crafty gift that someone is always making. Its not even a request; its just a "we need this by tomorrow."

Sorry for the rant! Anyone else's family members do this stuff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 09:27PM

Yes, it would bother me. If you told them that you didn't want to be part of the project, it was rude to include you. However, it's about what you can expect from a group who believe that they are called by God to tell everyone else on earth that they are wrong about their religion. And clothing. And diet. And personal grooming. And private, consensual activities. And everything else.

*Their* place is to decide what is right for everyone.

*Your* place is to quietly allow them to do whatever they like.

(Sarcasm sign is on and flashing wildly.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.