Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 10:47PM

I know both Julieanne and Derek Hough were raised in Sandy UT as mormons. I also know they are not active now or may have resigned.

I just wonder what the reaction is to her racy photos on the beach with her new hubby, topless, and not much left to the imagination.

Do the rank and file still claim both of them as celebrity mormons?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 11:54PM

?

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 11:56PM

She went bottomless during bachelorette weekend. Next is nude.

Better csll Marie O. for intervention.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 12:46AM

as well been topless. It left next to nothing to the imagination.
What was really shocking to me was seeing all the other TBMs (including even a mission president's wife) liking the photo and saying how "cute" it was.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 12:55AM

Like DT says: When you're a celebrity, you can get away with anything!

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 01:27AM

Who, and why would anyone care about it for more than 30 seconds?

Posted by: silvia ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 09:09AM

She reads like an exmo to me. I say let her have her adulthood, without worrying about what the brainwashed might think.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/12/former-mormon-julianne-hough-has-come-a-long-way/

She need not explain her choices (or past) to anyone. I hope she has zero concern of what LDS might think of her.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 09:17AM

I met her IRL and continued to hear about her through channels for some time afterward. She is exactly as she seems on TV -- upbeat, bubbly, and enthusiastic. I liked her. When she enters a room, all heads turn her way.

She started her journey away from Mormon church "standards" about ten years ago, and I would say that it was often as painful for her as it is for many on this board. She had scheduled a temple wedding for August of 2007, so leaving a Mormon lifestyle behind also involved breaking her (then) engagement. Lots of mixed feelings! It probably helped that Derek left Mormonism in the dust long before she did. IDK if she's resigned, but I tend to think that she might not for family reasons.

I wish her and her new husband much happiness. I'm glad that she's having fun on her honeymoon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2017 09:21AM by summer.

Posted by: am exmo ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 09:34AM

Hmmm she sounds more Jack Mormon than exmormon. One of these days this former NHL Washington Capitals player may be coming here for advice on how to deal with his born-again TBM wife who is taking his kids to Church and getting them indoctrinated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Laich

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 10:33AM

Jack Mormon might be a fair description. Or better yet, cultural Mormon. But I think if she had wanted to stay Mormon, she would have married her long-ago Mormon fiancé. She consciously moved in a different direction. At least back then, I know that she didn't harbor any ill-will toward the Mormon church. I remember her saying that it was "a nice way to raise a family." But I don't see her going back. Time will tell.

Posted by: Anon.... ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 04:59PM

I think she's a believer. She did a tribute to Joseph Smith when she went on Lip Sync Battle with her brother:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6L1zcOLBes

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.