Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: way way anon for this ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:42PM

Didn't want to hijack the thread "Philomena" but needed more insight on LDS adoption agency.

I gave a baby up to adoption through LDS Services about 30 years ago. I am not in contact with my son due to his searching me out. It has been a bit of a struggle for me as it brings up lots of emotions and the guilt.

But, it was mentioned in that thread how horrible LDS Service is. I have so few memories of that time in my life, standing in the waiting room at my first appointment with my mother, and then the delivery room briefly. I also remember some sort of teacher coming to the house and having a discussion about sex -he was from the church so not sure what his role was. I don't remember counseling, or anything else.

I was shipped off by my parents to live with an out of town relative. As you can imagine it was a very stressful time for me.

I would be very interested to hear other people's experiences.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:30PM

I had a son 34 years ago. MY family shipped me off to live with some TBM family. They were awful and treated me very poorly. I was hidden away...I was forced to go to meetings at LDS social services for other girls in my situation. We were all brainwashed into giving our kids up for adoption. I never did and was thrown out. I had no pre natal care. It was horrible. But I did have a wonderful son that I raised by myself and never went back to church. I never believed anyway. I did not want my son being raised Mormon so there was no way I would let the TBMs have him...

I too have heard other horror stories. I hope you can find some peace. Many young girls give up their babies and not just Mormons so don't be hard on yourself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.