Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ness ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 02:59PM

I just got a copy of this month's Ensign in the mail, along with the Friend. Did some one subscribe me? Maybe they still have my records?
=/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Family ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 03:06PM

Some nice family member has signed you up. Or a friend who you thought wasn't that preachy after all?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 03:07PM

It sounds like someone got you a subscription. I would call their subscription department and ask to have both magazines cancelled with the leftover money sent to you.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 03:08PM

I bet someone paid for a subscription. In the past when my subscription lapsed, they quit sending it. I doubt you're getting it for free. I still read the Ensign just for its entertainment value.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 03:09PM

I seriously doubt the morg would give out free subscriptions to their magazines...they're way too cheap!

Do you have any relatives who would give you a subscription? My in-laws give us a subscription every year for xmas...Telling them it is not necessary has done no good...so we just throw them in the recycle bin as soon as they arrive.

Date: January 29, 2015 03:16PM

Where would I go/ call to unsubscribe? Is there a way to find out who paid for the subscription?

Date: January 29, 2015 04:32PM

Well, I found the phone number , they unsubscribed me but could not tell me who bought them for me. I have my suspicions.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:51PM

...when my FIL died, I called Church subscriptions dept, and cancelled the remaining issues. They sent me a check for the balance of the remaining subscription. No hassles.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 04:38PM

Once I was the ward subscription representative. I never did sell a subscription.

Posted by: punnyguy ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:54PM

I am sorry but I knew if I had it sent to you that eventually your would repent and come back.

:)

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:47PM

Nothing in the Mormon church is free...you either work or pay for everything one way or another.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.