Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: THENAVIDSONRECORD ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 09:30AM

Just a PSA because I could never get a straight answer on this. I decided to be a guiney pig to find out for sure for others.

My relationship with my parents and my dads time spent as a bishop are such that I would definitely hear about it if they found out. There is ZERO chance that my dad would find out I resigned and not bring it up.

I resigned mid 2014. Tithing settlement has come and gone. I've seen my parents. My dad and I have worked on a few house projects together. As far as I can tell your parents will not find out if you've resigned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:06AM

Depends on the situation, though, and what kind of access your bishop has to your family, or the kind of policing of you life that your family may do.

Posted by: banana farm ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:19AM

I don't think 6-7 months is long enough to come to that conclusion. Many people have been out for a couple of years before the family found out.

It is not something most families are checking for regularly, but then something comes up and suddenly the penny drops with them/

Posted by: crathes ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 10:21AM

If the bishop/clerk did their job, they would have provided a membership report to your dad, and he would have seen you missing from the list.

Posted by: AlmostGone1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 03:51PM

So the only thing that would be different is the member number of the resigned person. You'd still be listed as a child.

There are specific number combinations that mean different things.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.