Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 02:50PM

I experienced many joys as a Mormon.

None can compare to running into the high counselor and his wife who were assigned to my ex (and still visit with weekly) at a restaurant on Sunday afternoon.

I walked up to him and said hi, he would not look me in the eye and just ignored me. That feeling, of catching him being a hypocrite will fill my nights with perfect joy.

He went to visit my ex afterwards and she told me "oh brother righteous saw you the other day at a restaurant with your new wife"

I waited for her to finish before I said, "oh that was today, Sunday, at chuck- a- rama"

Stunned silence followed by an are you sure it was them?!

yep, walked up to him and said hi, he ignored me.

This guy and wife are the most judgmental, self-righteous busybodies that the corp has ever produced.

hahaha, the gospel continues to bring me joy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 03:01PM

Perhaps he ignored you because you caught him at (up)Chuck-a-Rama?

Just kidding. I like it too.

: )

Posted by: Capt. Hindsight ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 03:11PM

If it happens again, pull out your smartphone & take a pic of him not looking you in the eye. Use a timestamp.

Then show the ex.

Then post it on FB (if you have an account).

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 04:44PM

Oh she knows its true, I have never lied to her, she was shocked at their smoothness of not mentioning it was 1 hour before, but "the other day".

The energy Mormons spend judging others could power SLC for all eternity.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 05:04PM

Apparently they never read or understood or internalized Matt: 7: 1-5

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

All those good religious folks!

Posted by: thexedman ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 05:02PM

I sometimes go to sacrement meeting with my wife, but during priesthood I go to Starbucks with my tie on, as if I'm a member, which I'm not.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 11:51PM

Think about how illogical that question is. *LOL*

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 09:24AM

As soon as I started reading the OP's original message here I got a feeling that it might be something negative about the Church. Thus I put up a huge mental block to not actually think about what I might be reading because I have been well-taught, thanks to the super inspired Correlation program, that to read something by someone negative towards the Church could cause a Doubt to form in my mind. And thus I would need to eschew that Doubt immediately because Heavenly Father has a very loving 24/7 surveillance program in place on all my thoughts/actions and if I even let a Doubt live for a second in my brain then I might be judged guilty at Judgment Day and get fried. That's why I have well-conditioned automatic reflexes in place to immediately deal with all that "anti Mormon" crap so quickly.

Rather than spend my time reading negative stuff about the Church and exposing myself to the risks of Doubts forming, I suppose I could spend my time doing missionary work to help show the world that the Church is true - i.e the most honest, transparent, and truthful organization on earth - and full of very honest open-minded people who are living super happy wonderful lives. And besides, where would I find time to read such negative stuff anyway? Between all of the Ward/family responsibilities on my shoulders there simply isn't time anyway to do anything except for being completely obedient to the Brethren at all times. Thank goodness the Lord has blessed us with Prozac to help us LDS be able to cope with all these responsibilities better.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 10:53AM

"This guy and wife are the most judgmental, self-righteous busybodies that the corp has ever produced."

Haha. I wish you were right about that one. Then I wouldn't have to deal with the real ones.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 11:39AM

You handled the whole matter perfectly! What a cue (if I spelled this word right.)

TBMs just don't "get it", that is, what really is good manners and 'Christian' behavior--and snubbing and/or lying aren't one of them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.