Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:29AM

God help him to realize the mistake he is making. Doesn't have a visa to go to his mission country. Has to sit in that darn complex in Provo and be brainwashed. He definitely has a proud mindset about serving. Probably won't be swayed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:32AM

Has the issues with visa delays always been a problem? I have heard more kids with visa problems than ever before and I just have to wonder if other countries have had enough of the mormons coming in.

Date: January 28, 2015 10:42AM

For this country yes, its one of the stubborn ones.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 12:17PM

Maybe he'll have that experience of rotting in some mission in Indiana or Michigan while awating his visa. That must be fun.

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 12:18AM

It took a friend's son 8 months state-side.

Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 12:26AM

Which country is it? Is it a safe one?

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:46AM

The LD$ obviously has a crude visa politic. Years ago the missionaries came here with a valid visa - now they enter on a normal tourist base and nearly the first thing they do after hitting the german ground is fill out visa application for a longterm stay. (You are allowed to stay 90 days without any visa) They receive their official papers and resident passport around 12-18 weeks after they entered the country.
Suisse doesn't allow american missionaries due restriction - thats why they only call European to serve Alpinemission.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 10:48AM by newnameabigail.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:50AM

Are you going along with him?

It's very much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD07V7Lwacc

I hope you will use that Black & Decker to drive into his head that he is NOT to give out his passport for "safe-keeping" no matter what he's told.

I realize the joint doesn't have barbed-wire fencing but just looking at the place from across the street, complete with a guard shack at the front, gives me the creeps. Is today one where literally hundreds check in there, or is he the only one?

Maybe an iron sign above the entrance reading "Arbeit Macht Frei" may be a little too much, but it just looks so foreboding. I don't know what I'd do if I had a young TBM relative in that situation. Thank Heavenly Father a couple of young boys that are cousins live in a 0% Mormon rural county.

Date: January 28, 2015 10:58AM

I've told him to keep his passport with him at all times where he is going, and to never give it up to his Pres, I just hope that he listens.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 05:58AM

cwm31s Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've told him to keep his passport with him at all times where he is going, and to never give it up to his Pres, I just hope that he listens.

Good luck with that. I told the same thing to my son. When he got to Mexico though his MP asked for it. Said they would hold onto it for "safe keeping", so that the missionary would not misplace and lose it. Just like all the other new missionaies in his group, he handed it over.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:47AM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:23AM

According to a recent thread here, he'll have to use a toilet stall in the small hours if he wants to do that M-thing. Doing it in the shower is apparently right out.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:44AM

at least make a quality photocopy of his p.port & other I.D. ... so he could be admitted to a consulate if things go wrong.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 12:11AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.