Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 02:55AM

So a friend shares a link about how gays are all sexual deviants and how if they are allowed to adopt and marry then this will ruin the lives of the kids involved. Because all gays are apparently into wild sexual orgies and out to convert children to their "lifestyle"

So yeah, I was a little miffed and I commented on how absurd it is.

Then I get told to take a chill pill by another TBM.

Thats how it works with them. You can agree all day long, but once you offer a differing view point you are suddenly out of line no matter how crazy the initial conversation is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 03:45AM

This is cult mentality in action.

Posted by: dude on the internet ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 08:15AM

How can anyone expect to be taken seriously when they say "chill pill"?

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 09:35AM

So where are all these wild gay sexual orgies? I've been out of the closet for years and haven't been invited to one yet. Is it me?

Here's my wild gay lifestyle - better sit down for this! My husband and I both work full-time jobs. We have a mortgage to pay off. We spend a lot of our free time remodeling the older home we bought together. Both of us have lost our fathers, and are worried about our elderly mothers in the Midwest. We save our money so hopefully we'll be able to take a small vacation this year and get away from everything for a week. We worry that we're not saving enough for retirement.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with our deviant lifestyle.

Posted by: no mo lurker ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:02AM

Gee, your deviant homosexual lifestyle sounds an awful lot like my heterosexual marriage. Just proof that people are more alike than they are different.

Posted by: Texas Sue ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 01:22AM

LOL! Love, LOVE that comment! On a more serious note, I wish I could get my in-laws to understand this, the bigots! My hubby and I are already outcasts because we defend LBGT and they don't even know we're about to resign!

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:27AM

Love this.

Posted by: tubbs ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:37AM

I remember seeing an older gay couple on TV talking about their 'lifestyle'. One said "People seem very interested about what we do in bed." The other said, "Well, we read a lot. Sometimes we watch TV...")

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 09:36AM

Chill pill? Gag me with a spoon. Grody to the max!

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 09:44AM

ask the tbm poster if that's how he copes with his life? Taking medication to chill himself out?

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 09:58AM

I'd say, "God commands us in the Bible to kill homosexuals, not deny them equal rights. Of course He also tells us to slaughter the entire city, every man, woman, child and head of livestock if anybody in that town worships another God besides Him. Considering Mormons carry around pictures of their sexually aroused fertility God Min, identified as "God" in Figure 7, Fax 2 of the BoA, whouldn't that qualify?"

Posted by: fearguiltpromise ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:09AM

My husband got into a flame war on FB with a TBM over this topic. The poster's main message was gays "aren't born that way." My husband replied, "Were you born stupid, or do you choose to be that way?" I thought it was funny. The FB poster, not so much.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 02:42AM

Date: January 29, 2015 02:45AM

Sometimes you have to be blunt

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:15AM

Do not get sucked into FB Drama Wars. Not worth it.

Yes, there are people who will shut you down like that if your opinion differs from theirs.

Such is life,

RMM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:14AM

in the marriage and child rearing department, we should all aim to be just like them.

When they put out the article about the children of gay couples, I tend to wonder why they don't talk to children of gay/straight couples who have broken up. Ask my kids what it was like. They have a good father NOW, but there were some pretty terrible years and I'm sure they will always have some scars. My ex admits that.

I just have to stick this in somewhere. I saw "California Suite" the other night, a movie from about 1977. I had seen it way back then, about 6 years before I started dating my ex. If you want to see what a gay/straight marriage is like for the woman, watch this. Maggie Smith does an excellent job and I believe she won an Oscar for her portrayal. (So much for the my husband isn't gay program.)

By the way, there are no straight perverts or sexual deviants are there?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 11:15AM by cl2.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:45AM

unfollow

Date: January 29, 2015 01:57AM

Personally I would unfriend. I wouldn't want friends like that.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 01:34AM

A response: OK, my chill pill is the "delete friend" button on FB. I am using it now.

Then do it.

Date: January 29, 2015 01:55AM

That's what I would do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 01:55AM by iamanevermormon.

Date: January 29, 2015 01:56AM

Unfriend them. Or if you want to remain FB friends (don't know why you would with an article like that) unfollow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.