Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 08:48PM

...I don't want to stomp on that subject line, so here's this quote as a springboard for 2 things that have bothered me/don't make sense; OK, here we go:

"There were no neutrals in the war in heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits."
("Prophet" Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, p. 61)

#1....There's the war in heaven: I challenge any apologists or GA to explain what the hell that was. Nerf balls? Nukes? Cutting comments?

#2....The war in heaven is in the pre-existence: so where the hell is the CK!? Is it all one place?? Does God bop back and forth between the PE and the CK??

This is the kind of non-sensical crap that they expect to accept without question--OR--they talk talk all around it, trying to make sense of nonsense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 09:03PM

Howdy CnB, if one accepts the "Joseph Smith was a prophet" bullshit, then one has to accept all the Morg's teachings as being true.

As I was born into a never-mo, alcoholic family, I figured that I must have fucked-up royally in the pre-existence. I was getting the family I merited. And, of course, I spanked the monkey a lot--further proof that I was inferior to those Born in the Covenant. Da Bone.

Posted by: hollensnopper ( )
Date: June 30, 2017 01:02AM

Re: Not Making Sense
#1 war in Heaven: Aren't spirits eternal? You can't kill an eternal spirit. I don't see how you could even hurt one. So how do you "fight valiantly" with no chance to be hurt or killed?

Still pondering point #2 (good point)

#3 If agency was so high in H.F's opinion, why did/would He deny Joseph Smith his agency? ie. "An angel with a drawn sword said I HAD to enter into polygamy or else be destroyed." So much for agency, huh?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.