Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 10, 2017 06:16PM

Link? You say link. Do you have any information or a link to this "new LGBTQ center", and no, I don't mean a video but rather a ribbon cutting or news article, or local address? I prefer reading articles mentioning these things over video links. Thanks. Otherwise, no worries.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 10, 2017 06:21PM

It's in Provo off of Freedom, near where Steamer's 2 and Ironic Ashes used to be and also the liquor store AND the new Provo temple. I used to walk by that house nearly everyday because it reminded me of the Victorians I grew up around.

Date: March 10, 2017 06:27PM

Mormons? Freedom? That's new!lol THANKS-

Date: June 30, 2017 02:46AM

Since it wasn't in the original post, this followup provides more information on Encircle, which opened on valentines day, 2017.

https://encircletogether.org

Encircle coordinates programs, services, and events focused on making the homes, schools, churches and society of Utah more safe and welcoming to LGBTQ members. We work with community leaders to increase cultural competency and forward thinking

"This home may be small, but it's going to do big things."

Encircle functions as a hub for resources that support the overall well being of LGBTQ individuals. Encircle not only provides a physical space for community gathering, skills training, individual counseling, conflict resolution, and other resources, but will also serve as a literal example of what a typical Utah home that is inclusive of its LGBTQ members, might look and feel like.

Finally a place in happy valley where people can be themselves.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: March 10, 2017 08:25PM

That is great news!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.