Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 09:42AM

From CNN's online front page this morning:

the church's latest campaign: a new section of its official website titled "Mormon and Gay."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/living/mormon-gay-website/index.html

Lots of material for discussion here: do they mean it, can they truly be inclusive, what took them this long?, is real-life society causing them to cave, etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 10:03AM

Please tell me you are not buying this same old tired and vicious bull$#!t.

There is just another word salad on the subject. Take out all the carefully worded phrases and you are left with just one word. Bigotry and hate. Well, that's two.

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 10:03AM

They still state (at the bottom of the FAQ page):

" Any other sexual relations, including those between persons of the same gender, are sinful and undermine the divinely created institution of the family. "

Posted by: namarod ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 11:36AM

It's dangerous when the morg says you can be gay, but married to someone of the opposite sex and straight. The majority of these marriages fail and the couple and any children are harmed.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 12:26PM

Bullshit. I obviously wasn't a "rock star" like Rosas' wife was (or however you spell his name).

I've said how I feel about all this many times, so I won't repeat myself.

Posted by: jaded ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 12:51PM

I don't know if you realize it, but the man who is spoken about in this article is gay, but married to a heterosexual woman.

Can you say "cog dis"?

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 02:52PM

That is a total bullshit website. It says it is ok to be gay as long as you don't act on it. How is that love and acceptance?

Such utter bullshit.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 11:40PM

Hate and lies isn't a NEW 'campaign' in the ldsCult.

That's also not a new theme. First, a few years ago, I learned tscc owned and programmed 'mormonsandgays'.org [and so I thought what about http://www.gaysandmormons.org and YEP, they own and program that url too]. The first ("official") one is run by LDSinc (they folded it into their main propaganda [lds] site - this is the one of which you speak and people now see on lds.inc) and the other is "This site is a resource for lds families, created by lds parents and professionals [iow, the LDS church]. It is not an official church site." They (attempt to hide) kill the truth, just as they aim to do with ANY and All individual-choice/ free-thought/ freak-agency, and paint Mormonism as great, instead of small, useless and full of shift!

That's why I sometimes call it THC (the HATEFUL 'church'). Because it is.

M@t

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2017 12:29AM by moremany.

Posted by: hunnydew ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 11:18PM

looks like this article is from 2016 , best to check the expiration date I always say , for what its worth anyway

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 12:36AM

Same old message behind the smiles: Mormon leaders are repulsed by gay people and refuse to allow them intimacy.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 02:10AM

TMC hates people to be free(agency)/ happy (when people are happy/ free, they don't "need" the ldsBS) and they hate those who are gay [happy], since they can't CONTROL them [as easily]. This makes them mad, which makes them madder. They blame the gay and want it to go away. The policy changes (which means it stays the same) because division never will.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.