Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freedomatlast ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 03:42AM

I grew up in a non-LDS area (thank God!) I think about what the girls wore to those dances. How dare they try to enforce the crazy LDS belief system on others. There is no way these rules would fly in any other part of the country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: horsegirl ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:24AM

I saw this on the news last night. Her mom was great she talked about shaming girls and asked the question when did shoulders become something girls are required to hide? She was angry about the situation. Hopefully this making the news will make some people think but I doubt it! The school said it was all about "community" ie: church standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 09:28AM by horsegirl.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:56AM

I should post pictures of my son's girlfriend's prom dresses. Her mother was over the top TBM and his girlfriend's dresses were strapless and showed a lot of cleavage. This is up in Cache County. All my daughter's friends wore spaghetti straps and strapless dresses. This wasn't that long ago.

I guess all these people aren't allowed to watch the national news these days. All the women wear sleeveless dresses almost every day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 09:57AM by cl2.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:24AM

I'm waiting for a group of gutsy Utah girls to show up at dances in burqas as a form of protest. Or, even better, outfits cut exactly like temple garments, but made of other fabrics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 10:25AM by Stray Mutt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.