Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 11:18PM

...when she caught him in the barn with Fanny Alger?

Answer: "But Emma, I was only f*cking as a man, not as a prophet!"

I've been thinking about that Meg Stout lady's post today about not believing that Smith had sex with his plural wives. When I get time, I will rebut her silly assertions point-by-point. But I thought of a short, one-liner response:

The evidence that Joseph Smith had sex with other women is that he was a heterosexual male and he had a penis.

It is routine for men who gain wealth and power to try to have sex with lots of women, whether the guy is a celebrity, and politician, or a preacher. Ofttimes, female followers of those men fall all over him or throw themselves at him, so it's easy for those men to get sex from lots of different women. It's even easier if the guy is charismatic and tell the women that his proposal is a "revelation from God."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 12:01AM

I smell instant exmo classic, that one.

Thanks for the grin you silly ole man.

Posted by: Tikbalang ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 12:13AM

Speaking of silly jokes......

I remember when Moses was commanded to get circumsized (like Joseph and his flaming sword)....well....Moses' response to God was...."You want me to cut off the end of my WHAT ?" You've kidding right !!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 12:16AM

It doesn't matter - she wasn't listening anyway... and she knew it was all coming from the devil.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 12:36AM

For you who have been posting for years; has there ever been a topic listing Joseph Smith's best pick-up lines? I can think of a few...

Date: January 30, 2015 10:33PM

"has there ever been a topic listing Joseph Smith's best pick-up lines?"

I think some have been discussed in the past, but I can't remember specifics. Cricket may have some on his Salamander Society website.

How 'bout a line from a woman? "Brother Joseph, is that a seer stone in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 12:56AM

randyj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... is that he was a heterosexual male and he had a penis.

They (the mob) tried to "fix" that in Ohio, I hear. (snicker)

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 01:14AM

Heh heh, Oh you are wicked you blokes!!

How about ....."It didn't mean anything Emma Darling, it was just a commandment! I didn't enjoy it or anything, it was just what God said I had to do!!"

If you believe that I will sell you a bridge. It is in Sydney and shaped like a coathanger, and it is cheap at half the price!!!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 02:59AM

Very funny and thanks for sharing.

Will keep that one first and foremost in my mind to make light of the cult when I am ready to strangle one of my TBM kids for not yet seeing the light.

Posted by: tenaciousd ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 04:35AM

I realize no phones until about 40 years later, but here goes anyway (rip-off of a Bill Clinton joke).

What did Joe Smith say to Emma after sex?

"I'll be home in 20 minutes."

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 08:50AM

tenaciousd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What did Joe Smith say to Emma after sex?
>
> "I'll be home in 20 minutes."

I think we have a winner!

Posted by: reuben ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:44AM

Why would god explicitly tell JS that it wasn't adultery if he wasn't banging that sweet teenage ass?

Date: January 30, 2015 10:52PM

"Why would god explicitly tell JS that it wasn't adultery if he wasn't banging that sweet teenage ass?"

Bingo. That's what that Meg Stout gal apparently doesn't comprehend. If Joseph Smith wasn't having sex, or attempting to have sex with any women, then Emma needn't have thrown Fanny Alger out of her house in Kirtland, or thrown Eliza Snow and the Partridge sisters out of her house in Nauvoo; Smith and his church's publications wouldn't have repeatedly linked the words "fornication and polygamy" together in their repeated denials; Smith needn't have written Nancy Rigdon his "doctrinal letter" in which he attempted to persuade her into polygamy; Smith needn't have had Joseph Kingsbury enter into a sham civil marriage to Sarah Ann Whitney to cover up Smith's relationship with her; Smith needn't have instructed Sarah to meet him in a secret location, and "the only thing to be careful of; is to find out when Emma comes then you cannot be safe, but when she is not here, there is the most perfect safty..."

If there was no sex, John C. Bennett's 1842 expose' wouldn't have caused such an uproar; and the text of the 1844 "Nauvoo Expositor" wouldn't have included the statement "We are earnestly seeking to explode the vicious principles of Joseph Smith, and those who practice the same abominations and whoredoms..."

And finally, if Joseph Smith didn't have sex with any women other than Emma, a lot of faithful Mormon women and men who testified that he did were liars.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 09:38AM

Was there ever a male religious leader with claims to being God's chosen that wasn't hypersexual and getting it on with lots of women? Not only that, on another creepy level being god's exclusive mouthpiece on earth is a babe magnet. So even if he had designs on being chaste he would have to avoid the temptations of being chased.

Does anybody know of any cult leader that wasn't using his position to get it on with the female members of his flock? I can't think of a single one. I am sure most of these leaders have narcissistic personalities, so this behavior is pretty standard.

It's extremely naive, given the facts of what we know about JS and his minions, to think he wasn't having sex with his "wives".

Posted by: tenaciousd ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:51PM

Marshall Applewhite - San Diego, Cult of Some Stupid Meteor Some Years Back - didn't get it on with the Cult Girls. He just didn't have the balls to do it.

Posted by: justarelative ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:46PM

JS: Hey good looking, where have you been all my life?

Girl: Well, let's see now, for the first half of it I wasn't born yet.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 12:01AM

Teen Girl: "I don't know sir, you see I've never had sex with anyone over 20"
JS: "That's OK Sweetie, neither have I"

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 12:22AM

Have you heard about the Joseph Smith Sale at Macy's?

Men's pants half off.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 31, 2015 12:26AM

If Joseph would have kept his pants on, the mormons wouldn't have been able to claim so much persecution. It's as simple as that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.