Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 08:57PM

And that's the way it's supposed to be. It's what cats are actually for.

My bed-time thought. You folks up north be careful, hear?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notinkansas ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:02PM

Will do.

Night nights. :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:11PM

Everyone make sure to stock up on meds, pet food and remember to feed the birds :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:19PM

Hard to beat that, cludgie. We're having us some spring-like weather in southern Alberta....glad we're not on the east coast right now.

RB

Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:27PM

Spring like weather here in the Salt Lake valley. I got my little fur baby here with me. I bear my testimony that cats make wonderful companions. In the name of Jesus the Mexican dude that just delivered my pizza, gaymen.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 03:55AM

Wow - saw the news this morning and hope you all stay safe and warm. Here in England we've had a cold snap and I have a kitty story to tell.

Two weeks ago, during a very cold -11 spell here in blighty, I noticed a small cat sheltering under my car in the driveway. Thinking it was just keeping warm from the engine I left it there. Two days later, after lots of mewing and crying from this little cat, I noticed that she could barely walk and was very thin but friendly, so I put out some food and she attacked it so ferociously that I realised she was starving.

Ball was now in my court so we took her to the Cat Protection League to see if anyone had reported her missing - no joy. Off then to the vet with her. The vet said she was very sick from starving, quite old and very friendly. They kept her for one week to get her back to health, cleaned her mouth and ears, checked her bloods (all clean and good) and told us we could take her home. They had called her 'Betty' as she is a grand old lady but we've called her Lady - more fitting.

Anyway, off I went to the pet store to stock up on supplies, food, bedding and all cat treats and goodies. Lady is now settled, getting fat and is such a sweetheart that she's staying right here.

After all - she chose me!

Briggy

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 05:23AM

That's a sweet story, Briggy! I found my cat in a similar manner -- on a cold winter night about three years ago. He's been my constant companion ever since.

Date: January 27, 2015 05:59AM

Lots of people suppose that a cat "can take care of itself." It can't. Or if it could, you wouldn't want it because it would be totally feral. The cat your rescued likely became separated somehow from her humans and would not have been able to recover. You have now renewed her lease and she won't have to die as would have happened. Thanks for doing that. I love dog and cat companions. Somehow my preference is for cats.

Posted by: Renie ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:24AM

Our neighbor, on a regular basis, gets cute little kittens, and keeps them inside until they aren't little anymore. Then they get shoved out the door. ATM there are two outside cats at her house. My kids get so upset, but we can't take two more in..we have two rescue cats (who don't get along) and a rescue dog (who is afraid of the queen cat..lol) And it's cold and snowy out here in PA right now. :(

On a funny note, the news today said that alcohol sales were up 500% in Boston yesterday, they figure, due to the incoming storm. That's not a typo...yes FIVE HUNDRED percent! Heck with that toilet paper and milk stuff...lol

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:45AM

I get on very well with dogs, but I prefer cats all the way.

Tom in Paris

Date: January 27, 2015 08:50PM

Cat people are the best. Good people, we cat people.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:26AM

Oh Briggy, that story made my heart glad.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:06AM

Cats rule ... literally!
Some of the very original names I have named my cats over the years:

Kitty
Kitten
Black cat
Grey kitty

Some of the slightly better ones...

Luna
Aurora
Bacchus Thoth Ra
Hecate
Modal

Wow, I've lived with a few cats over the years (even more than I've mentioned here).
Our most recent friend is named Angel, but she is not an angel, so I call her kit-kit.
I love cats. (Burr-ouw?)

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:13PM

Youngest daughter a dog person but married a cat person. He brought home two kittens rescued by one of his students off the side of the road. Daughter not becoming a cat person because

A. Mystery cat hopped up into baby's car seat and pooped in it.

B. No plant lasts in house because cats attack.

C. Up with baby until four then cat demands breakfast at five.

Daughter keeps asking me how long cats live. I say "without intervention?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.