Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:13PM

http://en.fairmormon.org/Polygamy_book/John_C._Bennett/Nancy_Rigdon

These pricks have no problem publishing dubious information on the character of Sarah Pratt and Nancy Rigdon, but they trust every positive statement on the character of JS?!! They make statements like this:

"Is it surprising, then, that Nancy's reputation might well have been unblemished, even if she was guilty? This is, after all, the point of conducting clandestine seduction—the public remains unaware"

...but they can't apply the same logic to their beloved Joe? They cry "slander!" when Joe is attacked, but they have no problem suggesting, without evidence, that Nancy was a whore?!! They can't just admit that, even if exaggerated, there's a lot of truth in the unfriendly affidavits?...that the "apostate" apostles they say can't be trusted abandoned Joe for good reason?!

How can these guys sleep at night? You'd have to be a special kind of crazy to feel good about yourself after going to such lengths to defend your perverted prophet! FAIR really needs a "hazardous to your health" warning, because my blood is boiling. I need to go relax.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:17PM

They forgot one tiny detail. If Nancy was a whore for sleeping around with Joe, that would make him a whore also. It's pretty difficult to be a whore without a second party. The one exception to that would be if you're a mormon that masturbates. Then you're a whore of one.

Posted by: notinkansas ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:20PM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They forgot one tiny detail. If Nancy was a whore
> for sleeping around with Joe, that would make him
> a whore also. It's pretty difficult to be a whore
> without a second party. The one exception to that
> would be if you're a mormon that masturbates. Then
> you're a whore of one.

"The one exception to that
> would be if you're a mormon that masturbates. Then
> you're a whore of one."

lmao, madalice wins.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:23PM

Actually, sleeping with loose women wouldn't make JS a whore. It would make him a whoremonger.

There are various scriptures that discuss what God thinks of whoremongers, and what his plans for them are. Hope you enjoyed it while you could, Joe!

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:54PM

Blaming women comes in handy...

Adam & Eve
Your various bible harlots
Lehi's bitchy wife... (How dare they complain about leaving home and "wandering" around the wilderness?)
Joseph's various temptresses
Emma (blamed for nearly everything)
Pioneer whiners
Intellectuals
Worldly career women
Women requesting a conversation about equal priesthood
Women who support their LGBT children
Etc.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 06:16PM

I guess enemy numero uno for LDS Inc. is a Lesbian Intellectual Mormon woman.

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 07:13PM

Yes! Their worst nightmare is a woman who has no need for their penis, money, or penishood.

Posted by: Ex-Sis Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:11PM

Exactly, losing control. Kate Kelly kept her maiden name, and she and her husband don't plan to have children (gasp! No future tithe-ers!) They were so scared of her, they wouldn't even speak to her, or meet her in person for church "court.")

Worse would be a super popular outspoken LDS female astronaut, actress/entertainer, powerful female politician...

Date: January 27, 2015 11:38AM

I know right? How will these uppity women find their car keys if their eschew the great and all powerful LDS priesthood???

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:59PM

Oliver: How was it with Nancy, Joseph? Was she a goer--nudge nudge--know what I mean?

Joseph: She wouldn't let me touch her.

Oliver: The whore!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 06:00PM

"special kind of crazy" ! I often claim they can write a thousands words on how to comb a gnats eyebrow!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 06:14PM

What an AMAZING coincidence that teenage Nancy Rigdon falsely
accused Joseph Smith of approaching her with an invitation to
plural marriage at exactly the time Joseph Smith was (we now
know) approaching teenage girls with invitations to plural
marriage.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:51PM

or anyone else. Do you know the ages of Nancy and The Nasty Ole' Perv at the time? And what the year was? I want to compare it to this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Joseph_Smith's_wives

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 10:23PM

...Smith propositioned her and wrote her his "doctrinal letter" in 1842.

http://www.i4m.com/think/history/smith_letter.htm

Date: January 26, 2015 06:15PM

I can't go to FAIRMormon anymore. It is not good for my blood pressure.

Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:32PM

I've recently decided to stop "debating" with rabit TBM "defenders of the faith" on YouTube. You cannot win any kind of debate with people who have the privilege of establishing their own alternate reality where up is black, down is white, and purple is the color alien because bacon to the tenth power = pancakes squared.

Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 09:36PM

I only ever made one trip to fair. I learned that the reason that Joseph Smith sometimes reported a differing age at the time he received the first vision was because he wasn't highly educated or very good at arithmetic. LOL! That's enough FAIR for me!

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 10:27PM

I totally know what you mean and how you feel. This is another article that shows how nasty FAIR can get. They're doubling down on Joseph Smith's accusations; but we know how often he told the truth when he was in trouble right?

Actually, this smells of FARMS, did Peterson go to FAIR after getting kicked out of the Maxwell Institute? I'm losing track of my mopologists folks.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 04:27AM

Around ten years ago FAIR had a board similar to RFM; it's morphed into Mormon Dialogue, but many of the regulars are the same (including Denial C. Peterson). Invariably, faithful Saints with doubts who brought authentic questions were blasted for not being aware of the church's actual history.

The one I loved on this subject was "As God's Chosen Prophet of the Restoration Joseph Smith could sew his seed where he saw fit to raise up children for the Lord."

Poor misunderstood and persecuted Joseph... Everyone was out to get him...

The William Law interview conducted by Wilhem Wymetal (Wm. Wyl) has been particularly devastating to apologetic causes, and they routinely engaged in shoot-the-messenger tactics in order to try to quell the dissent.

Forgive me for honking my own horn a little, okay?

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,5317,5781

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:15AM

Kudos for the post you referenced from 2010. It was very informative as was meeting you at the ExMo Conference in SLC last Oct. I hope to see you at the next conference. That conference was a very theraputic event for both my wife and I. Meeting you historian types has renewed my interest in history. History was one of my majors in college but it took a back seat to my profession in manufacturing. Keep up the good work. Your comments are appreciated.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 05:30AM

MORmON assumptions about Pervert MORmON Joe Smith are perfectly acceptable to MORmONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8j4QoewfLA

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 06:59AM

Just more Flat Earthers defending the indefensible.

Chump: I'd say go have a drink or two...

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:09AM

...that Joseph Smith and his inner circle of loyalist polygamists routinely "turned the tables" on people who tried to expose their secret polygamy practice: the accusers themselves would be accused of sexual sins. 19-year-old Nancy Rigdon was one of those:

"Fabricated stories designed to protect the [Nauvoo polygamous] individuals are seen elsewhere. Sidney Rigdon in the 18 June 1845 'Messenger and Advocate' reported that Parley P. Pratt, in speaking of the means by which church leaders should sustain Smith, advised that 'we must lie to protect brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.' Not only were church leaders willing to violate the law to promote polygamy, they did not hesitate to blacken the character of individuals who threatened to expose the secret practice of plural marriage. Sarah Pratt was not the only woman to suffer from this policy. The 27 August 1842 'Wasp,' for example, branded Martha H. Brotherton a 'mean harlot,' and Nancy Rigdon suffered the same treatment after she opposed Smith's polygamous proposals.....Jane Law, wife of Smith's counselor William Law, was also blacklisted for rejecting Smith's polyandrous proposal." ("Mormon Polygamy: A History," Richard van Wagoner, pp. 38-39.)

The FAIRies' problem---as well as the TBM Meg Stout lady who posted here yesterday---is that they worship Joseph Smith, and therefore they believe that Smith was honorable and truthful and "practically perfect in every way."

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:17AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.