Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 10:31AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sundance-scientology-film-subjects-called-766963

"I had no idea what a charlatan he had been his entire life," Taylor said of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard and how she fell under his sway. "We were taught to believe he had all the answers. You are wholly indoctrinated."

Been there, done that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ether ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 11:09AM

I love the term, "prison of belief". Pretty much sums up how many feel about their TBM days...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:53PM

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:46PM

That is an absolutely beautiful demonstration of solidarity against evil. I generally dislike Hollywood for a number of reasons, including the predatory Scientology presence there. When hundreds of dissolute narcissists finally decide to stand up for justice and decency, you know something extraordinary has happened.

I recently read a few dozen entries in Mark Rathbun's blog. He's the former Scientology strategist who recently recorded his harassment by their current enforcers at the LA airport. He seems like a very decent fellow now, although a bit down on his luck. I wish him the very best. His blog was far too favorable to Scientology considering everything that's happened, but I was still shocked by what he explained about their beliefs. People who join Scientology are in a horrible social and psychological prison, complete with sadistic guards and abuse by the other inmates. Then there are the literal prisons they maintain for dissident members. Hopefully that will all come to an end soon.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 11:44PM

...with the title "Eight Celebrities Who Have Left Scientology."

Three of the eight were ex-wives of Tom Cruise.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.